Need intel on AN pH Perfect please!

TheArborist

Hey all, been out of the game for a few years and finally have time to get back in. Heading a whole new direction with this grow and shorted myself on nute info...

Long story short: I ended up AN two parters (grow and bloom) and I'm not sure what products actually work along side this stuff!

Questions to you guys using the pH Perfect line:

Are you using anything for ca/mg?

Are you adding a little extra something, something for blooming? (Big Bud, etc.)

I have B52 and will probably grab a bottle of Voodoo if that's best..

The local Hydro store recommended the AN and everything else on the shelf but it sounded like an up-sell so I thought I would turn to the experts.

Background: I'm using rain water in rdwc this time for Grapefruit Diesel and Blueberry.

Thanks for your help here guys n gals!

Hi Arborist -- Thanks for starting this thread. May I pile on with some related questions?

I'm interested in the AN pH Perfect Sensi brand two-part nutrients because people here on this forum seemed to agree that pH Perfect products really work to give a stable pH, something I struggled with during my grow with AH's FloraSeries.

Voodoo Juice: I had good luck with the similar HydroGuard product, so I want to use a bacterial supplement again. It makes sense to me to use products from the same manufacturer, so I plan to use Voodoo Juice.

B52: B vitamins in the reservoir I'm much less certain is a worthwhile investment, so I too would be curious to hear peoples' experiences with this and opinions as to whether it's worth the money.

Sensi Cal-mag Xtra: AN doesn't list this in their feed schedules, and on the Sensi Cal-mag Xtra product page says it's for use with a "non-advanced base nutrients." From that, I would guess that AN's premium ("advanced base") products don't require it? I'm really wondering about this because I did run into a Ca/Mg deficiency just be reducing the amount of Ca/Mg supplementation I was using and the very soft (28 PPM) water where I live certainly doesn't have much calcium or magnesium in it.

Big Bud? Overdrive? Caramaba! I'm reminded of routine in the Marx Brothers' "A Day at the Races," (below) in which the gullible Groucho is first convinced he needs to buy Racing Form, then the Handicapper's Guide, etc etc. Do these magic bottles actually work?

Which pH Perfect product to choose? AN makes Sensi brand and Connisseur brand pH Perfect products, and two- and three-part solutions (and maybe some others as well?) I'm not clear on what the difference is. I guess I'm old-school enough (or cynical enough) to think that you can grow good weed in a manure pile, so do you really need all the expensive stuff in bottles with sexy graphics? If someone with experience could comment on that, I'd love to hear their thoughts. (For the record, I have had great results with "just" AH FloraSeries + CALiMAGic + Hydroguard. I think of that as bare bones, and that's already five bottles of magic. ;))

A Day at the Races 1937 720-HD.mkv.mp4 - YouTube

Sensi Cal-mag Xtra: AN doesn't list this in their feed schedules, and on the Sensi Cal-mag Xtra product page says it's for use with a "non-advanced base nutrients." From that, I would guess that AN's premium ("advanced base") products don't require it? I'm really wondering about this because I did run into a Ca/Mg deficiency just be reducing the amount of Ca/Mg supplementation I was using and the very soft (28 PPM) water where I live certainly doesn't have much calcium or magnesium in it.

I e-mailed AN Grow Support about this and got this response:

...our pH perfect base nutrients already contain a full spectrum of plant nutrients.
There is no need to add Cal/Mg when using our bases.
Our pH perfect nutrients are also designed to work best with 0ppm water, so 28ppm should work great!​

I guess we'll just try this wonder juice out and see how far along we get. I've been doing a lot of reading and may have come up with some names of people who have grown a few times with these nutrients. I will reach out to them and get some more opinions.

I guess we'll just try this wonder juice out and see how far along we get. I've been doing a lot of reading and may have come up with some names of people who have grown a few times with these nutrients. I will reach out to them and get some more opinions.

Please post anything you find out. You could look at the link I posted for some people to send messages to...

I've heard this is a pretty good combination in RDWC. Recommended by a friend.

- Sensi A&B
- B52
- VooDoo Juice
- Rhino Skin
- Carbo Load or Bud Candy
- Big Bud
- Sensizym
- Bud
- Overdrive
- Flawless Finish
- Mammoth P($$$) - Jedi level.

I've used AN quite a bit. Side by side, with and without all the AN extras. It's all in my journal, somewhere between Nov16 and Mar 17. Save your money on the additives if you're going to run AN.

I also documented a AN vs Remo grow last year. When all my AN is gone I'll be switching. AN leaves twice as much salts in my buckets, ergo in the roots also, than the Remo did. The Remo preformed as well also, and without adjusting pH same as the AN.

Thanks Rifleman, I was hoping this would catch your eye. I read through a lot of your posts when I saw you'd used AN. Didn't find much on your exact nute recipes though.

This is my 3rd time growing Blueberry and knew that it was very sensitive and timing is important. I was really hoping the the pH Perfect would be the trick but it's obviously not a real advantage. These plants don't like any pH swing regardless of the nutrient strength. The Grapefruit Diesel is rocking right along but the BB has been a fight as usual, if I don't keep the pH as close to 6 as possible she spots up over night.

Is what it is, I guess. I didn't get into the hobby to make cash, I like a challenge!

I'm curious though, did you use anything for root health? We can't get Aquashield up here, they won't let it come into the country so I was debating what I might try.i won't have to worry about it in a month or two but right now my reservoir temps get up to 21-22'C

Thanks Rifleman, I was hoping this would catch your eye. I read through a lot of your posts when I saw you'd used AN. Didn't find much on your exact nute recipes though.

This is my 3rd time growing Blueberry and knew that it was very sensitive and timing is important. I was really hoping the the pH Perfect would be the trick but it's obviously not a real advantage. These plants don't like any pH swing regardless of the nutrient strength. The Grapefruit Diesel is rocking right along but the BB has been a fight as usual, if I don't keep the pH as close to 6 as possible she spots up over night.

Is what it is, I guess. I didn't get into the hobby to make cash, I like a challenge!

I'm curious though, did you use anything for root health? We can't get Aquashield up here, they won't let it come into the country so I was debating what I might try.i won't have to worry about it in a month or two but right now my reservoir temps get up to 21-22'C

I used both Hydroguard, and Sensizym on a regular basis in all my grows. I've also tried z7 but not by itself. The buckets did seem a little easier to clean when using the z7.

I'd have to pull out my notes if you want to know exactly amounts of nutrients. I can say I rarely use more than 2ml per L of AN, which is half the recommended dosage.

I'd have to pull out my notes if you want to know exactly amounts of nutrients.

:thumb:
"Faded ink is better than the best memory." I sometimes feel anal-retentive taking as many notes as I do, but I am continually surprised at how quickly I forget important details and how often I look back at those notes.

You are the man Rifle!

Not a big deal on the AN mix you used, I'll have to feel things out for the BB very slowly.

I was more concerned about what I can use for my roots, Voodoo is expensive and I can't get the Hydroguard... go figure, everyone seems to love the stuff!

Bacterial supplements for hydro only IMHO.

And I suspect that if you keep the reservoir temps low and have good circulation in the res (harder to do when it's full of roots), the beneficial bacteria aren't necessary. (But I have used Hydroguard since it has such a great rep. Expensive, though, and short shelf life...)

You are the man Rifle!

Not a big deal on the AN mix you used, I'll have to feel things out for the BB very slowly.

I was more concerned about what I can use for my roots, Voodoo is expensive and I can't get the Hydroguard... go figure, everyone seems to love the stuff!

My mix included voodoo juice and piranha both at different times in the past. They are the few AN additives that I'd consider continuing.

Hi all:

Here's what I'm currently using in 2 hydroponic grow boxes with chillers:

BASE NUTES:
1. Micro (Always add first and mix well.)
2. Grow
3. Bloom

VEG PHASE:
1. Voodoo Juice: 1st 2 weeks of Veg and Flower. Beneficial microbes.
2. Tarantula: 1st 2 weeks of Veg and Flower. Beneficial microbes.
3. Microbial Munch: Use for the veg stage.
4. B-52: Use every week in veg.

FLOWER PHASE:
1. Voodoo Juice: 1st 2 weeks of Veg and Flower. Beneficial microbes.
2. Tarantula: 1st 2 weeks of Veg and Flower. Beneficial microbes.
3. Bud Ignitor: Use weeks 1-2 of Flower; assists the transition and increases bud sites.
4. Sensizym: Use throughout Flower until flush.
5. Big Bud Powder: Use for weeks 2-4 of Flower.
6. Bud Candy**: Weeks 1-6 of Flower. Carb supplement that feeds the microbes.
7. B-52: Don't use 1st 2 weeks of Flower (it can inhibit the stretch). Use for the rest of flower. Don't use week before flush. Assists in floral development and ripening, with increases in floral weight and potency.
8. Overdrive: Use last two weeks before flush.

I'm currently on my 4th and 5th grows using these nutes. I use way below the recommended 4ml per liter of water of the Trio at the top, and I have never gotten near to half of that recommended dose.

Most recent harvest was incredibly sticky and smokes great at around 6 weeks of cure. The genetics were strong in the first place (Black Domina, White Widow, C99), but the smoke/vapor is incredibly smooth and I didn't even flush for that long. I believe that staying well below the dose recommendations is working quite well in my setup.

I have called the AN information line various times and I always have intelligent conversations with the folks on the other end and get all my questions answered. I'm not so crazy about the AN website because it's too sensationalistic and doesn't provide the information I'm looking for in a straightforward manner. But I really appreciate the fact that I can call my cannabis nute people and talk to them.

I use organic nutes with my grow and pH is never an issue. General organics is the brand. May leave a small mess in the bucket/container but I never ever had to adjust my pH.

You are the man Rifle!

WiltGuard is a good alternative to hydroguard. I live in canada and can not get hydroguard so i went with wiltguard

Back
Top Bottom