Newbie - First learning grow

Mikla

Newbie... first post... first grow. No big plans but wanted to keep it simple so just growing in an Aerogarden to get a feel for things. Using Auto Speed Bud Feminised Seeds and current at day 17 post germination. Using Fox Farms nutes with CalMagic and keeping PH at 5.7 to 5.9 and solids at ~1200ppm (using distilled water).

I am not expecting much out of this but I think things are going pretty well. I half expected to kill off my first grow by now. Have a few extra cheap lights and have a MarsHydro Mars 300W LED on the way to provide some additional lighting.

Planted 3 and two are taking off, the other one is a runt by still putting out LOTs of leaves. I am certain they are two much for this little Aerogarden but I'll get what I can from them an train them a bit away from each other.

Anyway.... thought I would post what I got and plan to do more once I learn from this.
IMG_260318.JPG

Hi Mikia and welcome to 420 mag. looking pretty good so far. If you don't mind me asking what strain are you growing. I don't use Fox Farms nutes but 1200 ppm seems a little high for that early stage., although I don't see any burning. If you can will you show us a pic of the setup. Thanks and welcome.

Hi dj, thanks for responding.

The seeds are Female Seeds from Seedsman. I thought the ppm might be high, but they seem to be doing good. I've diluted it a couple times down to 800 but it creeps up... which I don't really understand why. Pic below of the setup.

You can see the poor runt on the right side. When my other light shows up I may try transplanting it to a pot with Coco and see what happens. The middle one I will probably try to train to the right to give room for the one on the left. I do get some natural light through the blinds behind the Aerogarden.

IMG_260418.JPG

That's a neat little setup there. Do you plan on moving your plants to a larger set up? Unless you're doing a bonsai kind of grow your plants are going to outgrow that quick. Especially with that Mars hydro light you're getting.

I've diluted it a couple times down to 800 but it creeps up... which I don't really understand why.

When my ppm reading goes up it's mostly due to the evaporation of water. I use a ebb and flow 3x3 table with 20 gallon reservoir.

That's a neat little setup there. Do you plan on moving your plants to a larger set up? Unless you're doing a bonsai kind of grow your plants are going to outgrow that quick. Especially with that Mars hydro light you're getting.

lol... I like the Bonsai reference... I don't have plans to move except for the runt. This is just a learning experience so I guess we will see how big they get.

When my ppm reading goes up it's mostly due to the evaporation of water. I use a ebb and flow 3x3 table with 20 gallon reservoir.

That was my initial thought but it is still higher or about the same as the day before after I add water... puzzling.

lol... I like the Bonsai reference... I don't have plans to move except for the runt. This is just a learning experience so I guess we will see how big they get.
Thank you. . Thing is people actually do a bonsai kind of grow with their ladies.

I don't know if you're keeping a lighting schedule or not. They may get root bound and stop growing after a while. After this grow when you're ready to move on to something bigger I'll be happy to help.

Day 20. Added the light, will probably have to raise it over the next couple of days. Also doing a little LST to spread things out a bit. PH still being maintained at 5.8 or so and PPM at 1300 (seems to like it). Drinking neary 1/2 gallon of distilled water a day.

It's looking quite good so far. I think lights like that one should be about 18" away at minimum. Looks like you're doing good. Still impress that you got three of them in that container. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Just a quick follow up on this. It was 54 days from Seed (pre germination) to harvest (~30% amber trichomes). Yield after drying and curing for a few weeks is 2.5oz.

I don't think it is too bad for a first time in an Aerogarden. Aerogarden required twice daily refill and at twice a day adjustment of PH (kept it right at 5.7). I added nutes about every other day, running around 1200-1400 ppm and letting it drop to 1000-1200 the last couple of weeks. I probably flushed it 4 or 5 times with the last one going to PH'd water only 3.5 days before harvest. I have some pics somewhere and will try to post them up.

Back
Top Bottom