First hydro attempt

Lilolme

"The Flying Dutchman"
420-magazine-mobile1990407038.jpg

Ripped from her mother in flower stage she spent a month in my homemade rooting machine, didnt root so she got rooting powder and a rockwool cube and was stuck in a class vase thing for two months with only water and sunlight through the window. She started as a rooting experiment but I have decided she might make a fun project while I learn some of the ins and outs of basic hydro growing. I had a somewhat succesfull first grow in soil and I am lookin forward to my newest adventure.
420-magazine-mobile1245735855.jpg

I like the whole process, building something from nothing and getting it to actually work
420-magazine-mobile1104445961.jpg

A week and two days out of the little glass bubble

Baby steps, I dont need the chart anymore to correct my ph I can do it by the color and I know how much stuff to add now without takin multiple samples

It still a little high at readings I am gonna get a larger bucket to increase my reservior capacity as advised to see if that helps

Mornin ritual under way, ph looked good, a tad high so 2 ml ph down. Its incredible to me how this little thing makes such a huge difference right away. New leaves that were emerging yellow are greening up in a few hours. I already know this girl grows super fast from my last grow. I am over the lookin at em all day wishin they would grow to busying myself taking a few simple steps to maintain an optimal grow environment. Tds was up at 415 from the 260 at last reading. That will be my main focus of study and since the meter I am using came with a water pitcher filter cleaner thing ( britta or whatever) I am gonna order a proper one today.
420-magazine-mobile836244404.jpg

My little "ghost ship" unfurling her sails this mornin

Very productive mornin, finding answers to questions, putting those results to work, some of my problems with unstable tds readings may have been too strong a nute/water ratio and reading too soon after ph down which has an effect on tds readings. My tendancy to want to rise on my ph could be due to my small reservior capacity. I hope to fix this by maxing out my reservior to 4 gallons or so. After I did that my tds was 250 and the first ph was right on.

Back
Top Bottom