10" Rhizocore Netpots

reapah23

When I'm planting my 1.5" rockwool cubes into the netpot full of hydroton how deep do I need the water? I've got the cube and roots resting ontop of the core in the middle and the water just touching the bottom of the netpot.

Do I make the water touch the bottom of the core where the rockwool cube is resting so the roots grow into the water? Or do I leave the water at the bottom of the netpot? The core is a good 4-5 inches above the bottom of the netpot if you judge by looking at the photo provided. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

s-l500.jpg

I would keep it at the bottom of the net pot lid and let the roots grow down to the water. Then keep the water about an inch below the net pots.

This is what I do for my 6" net pots in 5 gal buckets and have amazing results.

How much nutrient solution can you have at about 1" below the net pot using the 10"?

I'm not sure haven't checked the PPM yet or used any nutes my first DWC attempt. The netpot is roughly 17" tall, the core is 5" tall.

The core is like a netpot upside down inside of a netpot. I put 2" of hydroton on top of the core and placed the rockwool cube on top of that. 10" of water filled into the reservoir (5 gallon bucket) keeps the water at the bottom of the core.

Heres where I'm confused, do I fill the water to the bottom of the core since I have the rockwool cube resting 2" above the core? OR do I fill it to the bottom of the netpot?

IMAG0675_1_.jpg

At this moment I have the water level 1" above the bottom of the core. I just hope they don't drown since 5" of hydroton is sitting in water. When the roots make it to the bottom of the netpot I have plans to keep the water level to the bottom of the netpot which would expose 5-7 inches of roots though which scares me.

Back
Top Bottom