20171106_100119_HDR.jpg
20171106_100150_HDR.jpg
20171106_100204_HDR.jpg
20171106_100136_HDR.jpg
20171106_100126_HDR.jpg
20171106_100119_HDR.jpg
20171106_100150_HDR.jpg
20171106_100200_HDR.jpg
Hi guys. This will be my first post on my diy Aeroponic system.
Please I am looking for a lot of help on nutrients and microbiology in the Aero system.
What nutrient and additives are recommend for aero.
Can microbes be added to res.
Will add some pics of my system so long.my grow room is still the process of completion.

> my diy Aeroponic system.
It looks like a serious setup. :)

> What nutrient and additives are recommend for aero.
I haven't done aeroponics (just dwc), but I don't think nutrients are going to be much different from the typical hydroponic grow.
I'm always griping around here about marketers getting people to buy $100 worth of magic juice that they don't need. In my opinion, any major brand 2- or 3-bottle cannabis fertilizer is all you need, plus a Ca/Mg supplement if your water is low in those elements.
I have seen some people who swear by silicon supplementation. I'm skeptical, but they are enthusiastic, so...
I guess my take is try the basics and see how it works. I had great results with just GH FloraSeries (3 bottle), CALiMAGic, and HydroGuard (which you probably don't need for aero?)

> Can microbes be added to res.
Yes. I have had good luck with HydroGuard, as have many others. But it's expensive and I wonder if you could just skip the bacteria for aeroponics. I think if it was my grow, I'd try it without first. I'll bet that would work fine.

My other preachment is that if you have an extra $100, it's better spent on lights than magic juice.

> Will add some pics of my system so long.my grow room is still the process of completion.
Cool. Good luck!

> my diy Aeroponic system.
It looks like a serious setup. :)

> What nutrient and additives are recommend for aero.
I haven't done aeroponics (just dwc), but I don't think nutrients are going to be much different from the typical hydroponic grow.
I'm always griping around here about marketers getting people to buy $100 worth of magic juice that they don't need. In my opinion, any major brand 2- or 3-bottle cannabis fertilizer is all you need, plus a Ca/Mg supplement if your water is low in those elements.
I have seen some people who swear by silicon supplementation. I'm skeptical, but they are enthusiastic, so...
I guess my take is try the basics and see how it works. I had great results with just GH FloraSeries (3 bottle), CALiMAGic, and HydroGuard (which you probably don't need for aero?)

> Can microbes be added to res.
Yes. I have had good luck with HydroGuard, as have many others. But it's expensive and I wonder if you could just skip the bacteria for aeroponics. I think if it was my grow, I'd try it without first. I'll bet that would work fine.

My other preachment is that if you have an extra $100, it's better spent on lights than magic juice.

> Will add some pics of my system so long.my grow room is still the process of completion.
Cool. Good luck!

Hey Scientific thanks for the reply.

Please feel free to post pics, would love to see it.

I come from a soil growing back ground with a good grasp of plant nutrietion, bio-stimulants and soil microbiology.
This now is my first step into the Aeroponic side of thing, so uncharted waters for me seeing there is now more soil. So want to find out is, how much of what I now from soil growing can I use in regard to aero.

I have decided to go with Advanced Nutrient Sensi ph perfect grow and bloom.

My question in Regards to microbes.
Can they handle going through a pump continuesly?
Will they form colonies without growing media present?
Will they colonize my roots with the spray of the misters hitting the roots directly?

I most respectively disagree with you in adding additives. I am a great fan of using additives that contain all the amino acids, b-vitamins, humic and fulvic acid.
P boosters just before flowering and seeding stage because phosphorus encourages more flowering site to develope and stimulates root growth. This is why mycorrhazil fungi is so good for seedlings because it can process insoluble phosphorus in the soil and feed it to the plants roots directly boosting the seedlings root growth.
Potasium boosters during flowering to boost dense and sticky buds because plant eat up potasium at an alarming rate in peak flowering so adding I boosters extremely vital and when in mid flower slump adding a boost of potassium will kick things back into action.
I love using kelp extract as well because it packed with all the essential micros and also auxin and cytokinins which are growth hormone that encourage major root growth when mix humid acid at a 5.1 ratio Humic to kelp, then applied as a soil drench.
You can use it as a foilier spay when mix with fulvic acid for direct absorbtion to boost laterial branching and tighter internodle spacing.
Silica is a great defence mobile micronutrient. Like if powdery mildew lands on your plant and starts to penertrate your leaf the silica is pulled to the site of infection where it will crystalise the cells around the sight of infection to prevent it from spreading further. Very good to use right through your entire grow.
So if you know whats in all those magic juices you will see that they have a specific place and time to be used on your plant and your plants will love it.

I am still waiting for light to arrive from the USA. I have ordered myself a bunch of Cree cxb3590 3500k cob LEDs and driver to build a diy grow light which will be replacing my old t5 setup. Can't wait to see what the LEDs can do.

> I have decided to go with Advanced Nutrient Sensi ph perfect grow and bloom.
That stuff has a good rep here on this forum. The "pH perfect" part is what I look forward to on my next hydro grow. My DWC pH was all over the place (but I now suspect that a lot of that was a too-small reservoir).

> My question in Regards to microbes.
I'm your guy. Majored in microbiology back when.
> Can they handle going through a pump continuesly?
No problem at all for the wee beasties, I'm sure
> Will they form colonies without growing media present?
> Will they colonize my roots with the spray of the misters hitting the roots directly?
Bacteria can form colonies in your pores and and in tiny bits of nothing. They will do just fine on roots, though I imagine the dynamics will be a bit different from being immersed in my DWC tank.

> I most respectively disagree with you in adding additives.
I'm not really totally anti-additive, I would just like to see the science, like two clones growing under identical conditions side by side only one gets magic juice and the other doesn't, you know?
> P boosters just before flowering and seeding stage because phosphorus encourages more flowering site
Not to be argumentative, but I've gotta say that's what adjusting the nutrient ratios in a two- or three-bottle solution does--boost the level of P and K.
> This is why mycorrhazil fungi is so good for seedlings because it can process insoluble phosphorus in the soil and feed it to the plants roots directly boosting the seedlings root growth.
Or you could just give 'em soluble P, seems to me. Lots of folks are loving the various microbes, but again, I need to see an A/B test to validate. People just saying, "I added this $40 bottle of stuff and it was awesome!" triggers the scientific skepticism the professors so carefully inculcated in me back when...
> Silica is a great defence mobile micronutrient.
Silica supplementation I have heard enough anecdotal information about to make me curious. It's on my list to look at next time...
> Like if powdery mildew lands on your plant
I have a special hatred for powdery mildew. It loves to attack my giant pumpkin leaves in this damp climate. Maybe they just need Si. ;)
> I have ordered myself a bunch of Cree cxb3590 3500k cob LEDs and driver to build a diy grow light which will be replacing my old t5 setup. Can't wait to see what the LEDs can do.[/QUOTE]
Now THAT sounds like a really fun project. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom