Need some help - Having a difficult time

Race

420 Member
Hi!

So I'm having a bit of a problem. My plants do not look very good after a total of 14 days. I'm using Technaflora Cutting Stage Recipe which was recommended to me for seedling and clones. It's basically some just Thrive Alive B-1 red. I am using a supercloner which bubbles by pumping air through stones. They are under a mars 600 watt led which I have about a foot away from them. I started them under a dual T5, but after they got their real leaves, I put them under the 600 watt. The PPMs are less than 200, and pH is between 5.4 and 6.4 but most of the time is at 5.8. They are moist but not soaked. Temps range from 74 to 78. I spray them once a day with using Thrive Alive B-1 green. I also have a fan on low (not aimed at them).

The roots are just barely poking to the bottom of my net cups. Once they hit the water I was going to change the nutes to use some sugar daddy and root 66.

Then once they got a little bigger I was going to move them to my mail bubble bucket area and change nutes to veg stage ones.

I have a Delicious Critical Jack, and a Buddah's Gift. They both were germinated at the same time and both been through the exact growing progression yet they look completely different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PIC238.jpg

PIC140.jpg

I would say that the Rockwhool is the issue.

It can be very touchy stuff to work with.

I moved over to Rapid Rooters because of running into the same thing as you to many times.

At this point I would cut as much of the RW away as I safety could and then put some hydroton to fill the basket and then pour water from the rez over them twice day till the roots hit the water.

There is no need to spray them with anything at this point.

It can be doing more harm then good. They already have to much water trapped around them.

But it is low o2 water that is trap in the RW and that water is not being flush out and replaced with fresh o2 water from the rez.

With RR's they have a little nutes in them and once a seed pops in them. They just take off.

That is why I got rid of my RW for good...

> I would say that the Rockwhool is the issue.
Agreed. Soaking wet rock wool suffocates plants by not letting enough oxygen to the roots. You need to either strip away the rock wool and put the plants in something else (e.g. hydroton) or else just give the rock wool a really good shake to get rid of the extra water (don't squeeze it) and then do whatever it takes to keep it from getting sopping wet again.

This might prove instructive: Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 2017

Put them back under the T5! Apart from a tremendous amount of light, they're also not getting any air, so they're suffocating, as Scientific said.

Is this your first grow? If it were me, I'd just pop them in some small containers/16oz cups with coco. Keep them under the T5 and lower the nutrients. That's why they're such a dark green right now. When they're big enough (3 weeks or so), transplant and veg with the LED depending on how big you want them and then flip.

You could veg with the T5 the whole time and just use the LED for flowering. That's what I do (except I don't use LED-anymore!)

Keep it simple and good luck!

Thank you so much for getting back to me guys. Sorry for the huge delay in reposting. I just got a new job and things have been crazy around the holidays. As for the advice; thank you it was great! Turns out the issue was the LED lights being too close, and too intense for the seedlings. I put them back under T5, and I also noticed that my temps inside my enclosure were good, but at the surface it was way too hot so I was indeed cooking them. I put the humidity dome on, and they came around pretty fast. Thank you so much for the good advise!

Wow what a turn around it's a true pleasure watching plants . grow. Have you thought . about scroging those plants I think they would double your yield

Wow what a turn around it's a true pleasure watching plants . grow. Have you thought . about scroging those plants I think they would double your yield

Oh yeah definitely going to use the old manifold and scroging techniques. This obese lady is just one of my donors. I have 3 different strains I'm working with now. And have 3 different donors. The one in the picture is laughing Buddha and I also have a ghost train wreck #1 and a devil's harvest. Will keep them in a perpetual state of veg as I slice them and set the clones up in my main grow area 12 at a time. Have 2 trellis set up and massive kind led lights, 5 gallon buckets, fans, huge intake, carbon exhaust all with manual dampers and y-pipes for recycling the air back into the room or blowing it into the attic for a passive exhaust fan to put back into the atmosphere. I'm almost at the point where I can start cutting and cloning like a fiend. I also set up 2, 55 gallon drums for my reverse osmosis filter. I take water from my local towns well and I purify it before I use it. The ppm is at 450 so it was necessary. Yeeeeehaw! Can't wait to start producing some serious weight and experiment with baked goods, extraction methods, etc. Thanks again for the tips. My ladies are super happy!

Dwc is amazing it really grows happy plants I'm on week 9 of a dwc grow with a tangerine dream and critical purple. They have grown so massive I have to make extra space for them

Back
Top Bottom