Newbie-Rookie ISO Answers

LurchVegas

What's up stoners growers and erybody else. I've been lurking around this forum for advice with my grow set up and I figured it was time to join up. So I'm finally jumpin on this grow thing full force. I need to know any pros and cons of the smokestack position I have my a.c. hood in right now. This really gives me the room I need in the 4x4 with this heavy hood. Also I'm using 3.5gal dwc buckets from htg and wanted to know could I use all 6 buckets under the 600w mh/hps set up I'm running or should I do 4? Lastly, I want to run some autos 1st. Then on to fem. Photos. I'd like to know 1. Where is a good place to grab from (will they ship them to me even my state isn't a legal mj state?) N 2. If the light is enough for all 6 buckets could I grow autos and fem. Photos together? Sorry for typing so much but I figure I should get it all in from the start. Thanks for reading and any helpful answers/kn
20171207_082029.jpg
owledge

I run a 600w HPS in a 4x4 tent, works Great

I have ordered a LOT of seeds, most thru seedsman, a sponsor here, and no issues. Always get stealth shipping and tracking.

Vent looks fine, never done it like that, as long as yer pushing thru the light not pulling it should work ok

do you have fans in there also?, dont see any, couple clip and or an osculating will help alot

Ive done Autos and Fems/reg together just fine, only issue is when the Fem/Reg need to go to 12/12. If you switch the Auto to 12/12 it will slow her progress, so timing needs to be good. I personally do the Autos in a separate tent

Good luck man, welcome aboard. Lost of great peeps here to help ya. Best to start a journal so we all can follow your grow and help when needed

Cool. I've heard good things about seedsman. . . . I can flip the fan around but the way it's set up and was told to me was to extract the heat from the lamp and the tent????. . . No fans in there yet. But they are otw. . . I'll wait to do the photos after since I'm only equipped with 1 tent. .. Any good yield numbers on your auto grows under ur 600 that. . . How many did you grow under it?

Cool. I've heard good things about seedsman. . . . I can flip the fan around but the way it's set up and was told to me was to extract the heat from the lamp and the tent????. . . No fans in there yet. But they are otw. . . I'll wait to do the photos after since I'm only equipped with 1 tent. .. Any good yield numbers on your auto grows under ur 600 that. . . How many did you grow under it?

I started the Autos under MH, but switched to T5 later, so no real results under the 600w

By pushing the air thru the Lamp/Hood you are extracting from the tent starting from your Filter, gotta have one for flowering if smell is an issue, thru the Hood, Out the tent. By Pushing your getting more AirFlow thru the Hood than Pulling it. Now heat may not be an issue for you like it is for me, so if heat isnt a problem then I wouldnt worry to much about it, I have to battle 85-90deg heat sometimes in my tent thus optimum performance is a must

Seedsman is great, what strains you looking to run? Indica, Sativa, CBD?????

Well I'll give it a go and see if temps are an issue. . . Shouldn't be too bad since it winter time and 50ish degrees out. . . Why you switch to t5? . . . I wanna try so many. . . But I was interested In think different, dark devil and a mephisto grape crinkle if I can find it for autos.

What's up all! I hope everyone is doing well. Just giving an update on my 1st grow journey. . . Got tent and 6 bucket dwc system setup. Ordered beans from seedsman the other day. Oscillating fans will be up on the next payday. . If I am 4getting something please let me know. . . I need to know if my tap water will be ok to use. . . I was going to buy 22gal. Every other week for res changes from the grocery store. but if I can use my tap water n the girls be fine then imma go with that. . . I used my new meters n the tap water tested at 671ppm n 7.32 ph ? ? Tf does that even mean exactly? Should I use it or just roll with my 1st thought? Thanks for any and all helpful replies

the tap water tested at 671ppm n 7.32 ph ? ?

That ppm is just way to much and ph just be around 5.7-5.8. My tap water from my well is 780 ppm and 8.1 ph which is no good. The wife and I would go buy 30 gallons of distilled water to begin with, what a pain in the ass for us old farts. I finally bought a stealth 300 RO system made by hydrologic. Man what a difference that made. It makes my water come out at 10 ppm and ph at 5.9., no more lugging water. It paid for itself in about 8 months. We run a 20 gallon and a 10 gallon reservoir.

You just hook it up to a water supply and the black hose discharges the waste water while the blue hose discharges the good. I hooked mine up in the laundry room and use a y splitter on the cold water for the washing machine for a water supply. When I use it I just take the black hose and drain it into the washer and feed blue hose into a 5 gallon water jug. Takes about 25 minutes to make 5 gallons.

Oh yeah forgot to say, I had to hook a booster pump up to mine because my well is a 110 ft from the house and the pressure coming in at the RO was only around 35-40. You can adjust the pump to run what pressure you like. I have mine set at 70. In case you are wondering I think I have about 285.00 in it, but like I said it pays for itself in no time.

20171213_213620.jpg

20171213_213641.jpg

Wow. . . Will it leave a trace? I rent not own. . . Soooo u just fill up buckets every 25 minutes? I need to fill 6 3.5g buckets. . . Few hrs worth of light work . . . I really hate the thought of toting around 20gal jugs of distilled water. . . Are these the only options available.? Ro or buy by gallons?

Ok. So I've been contemplating about the water refill stations. . . Glacier or primo water stations are what I have near me. They state that the water is indeed RO water. . . And it's only 35 cents per gallon! N 1.25 per 5 gallons. I could get 25 gallons for less than 7 bucks. . . Seems like a deal to me. . . . I grabbed a .35 gallon this morning to test and I got 7.56 ph reading and 004 ppm reading. . . I should be able to work with this water right?? . . . I know the ph is still high but aren't I able to use ph down or something like that to bring it to ideal levels?.

Ok. So I've been contemplating about the water refill stations. . . Glacier or primo water stations are what I have near me. They state that the water is indeed RO water. . . And it's only 35 cents per gallon! N 1.25 per 5 gallons. I could get 25 gallons for less than 7 bucks. . . Seems like a deal to me. . . . I grabbed a .35 gallon this morning to test and I got 7.56 ph reading and 004 ppm reading. . . I should be able to work with this water right?? . . . I know the ph is still high but aren't I able to use ph down or something like that to bring it to ideal levels?.
That will work just fine

yesss! cool! Thanks. I'm off to get 5 gallon bottles before work. . . On another note has anyone state side ordered from seedsman?. . . I Placed an order but still no email as of yet. . . Just wondering what's the usual time frame. N Thanks again dj1714.

When I placed my order with seedsman it took a few days for the email stating they shipped, After the e-mail they got here in 8 days.

Cool. . . It's been 3 days. . . Maybe I'm just being hella impatient. . . . Is it unheard of to do a practice/test run with the dwc. . . U know to make sure everything is everything. . . I don't wanna wait n run in to a problem with the set up when the the beans arrive. . . For some reason I feel foolish asking about a test run with no beans to test . . . But then again I feel hella anxious and excited about the grow. . . . I'm rambling so I know the buds working lol! . . . L8r yall

Is it unheard of to do a practice/test run with the dwc

Most people do. Probably one of the main things you want to do to help yourself out would be to make a log or journal of everything you do during every grow. Make sure to write everything down and hold on to it. Don't get a couple of grows under your belt and start throwing away your old notes because you will need them one day. It's one of the best ways to learn.

Makes sense to me.Thanks for all the info bro. I appreciate u takin out the time. . . I'm impatiently waiting for Monday to pick up my water jugs . . .I've been reading through a few grow journals on here I can't wait to get growing

Back
Top Bottom