Hey everyone, merry christmas!

Here are infos about my setup

Tote Setup:
hjqBEKt.jpg
gF06Ptn.jpg

Plant Issues:
oOV79M6.jpg

6xihLqg.jpg

LED: Hans Panel (it is no china led panel, it uses all CREE LED diodes, can be dimmed and has two different settings.)
-DWC top feed bubbler
-2 air stones with air pump rated at 300l/h
-GHE flora nutrient trio
-started from seed, Nirvana Blue Mystic 18/6 light

Water is changed weekly, last change on the 24th with ec of 1100 and ph at 5.5-5.8. Current nutrient strength ist 8ml Grow, 8ml Micro (soft water, which has increased calcium) and 4ml Bloom diluted in 10l of Water. Temperature of the water is constant at 19-20c. Which Translates to an N-P-K Ratio of 2-2-1
Calcium in mg/l 25,6 and Magnesium in mg/l 5,4 levels from straight tap water.

The EC and ph levels are Checked twice a day. Tap water EC is 235 straight from the tap but is left overnight and then has an EC of 110. PH rises overnight to around 6.3 but stays stable during the day. During the first week from seed I added a normal dose of Canna Rhizotonic to the Nutrient solution. Root Growth has been amazing, they are nice and white with multiple long main shoots going into the water.

The plant has been growing very nicely so far. the leaves had a nice dark green color until about a day or two ago, then they started to show this yellowing. The tips might be showing signs of hanging down, not sure.

I can post more detailed information about the contents of the tap water if needed.

The LED was around 20cm from the top of the plant, but I raised it to 30cm today.

thanks for any help!

Yes it is a pen. First time it was calculated was 2 or 3 weeks ago. It is still accurate. Tap Water still reads 8,3 as its supposed to. I have a drain valve at the bottom of my res. I stirr the res, drain a litre
To empty the hose and drain another litre, this is then checked.
After that I add it back to the res.

Since posting this I added a teaspoon of Epsom Salt on friday.

Weekly res change was yesterday. Tap Water EC of 205, added 0,5g Epsom Salt to 230 and then 2-2-1ratio
7,2ml grow 7,2ml micro 3,6ml bloom and the Nutrient solution was at 970ec. After that the ph was lowered to 5.8

I just checked the ph and it reads 6.8. i wasnt able to check sooner. The EC is 960. No visible Water change. I dropped the ph back down to 5.8.

Ging to check the ph once more in a few hours hours

Hey growers, happy new year everyone!

My plant is NOT looking better, it's actually gotten worse.

Since posting I lowered the EC a little bit to 950. The pH climbs daily to about 6.4-6.6. I check it at least 3 times a day (morning, during the day and at night) and its always at 6.2-6.4. I drop it down to 5.7-5.8.

What should I do with the bad ones? cut them off? leave em be?
the new ones seem okay? the new top leaves have yellowing on their tips.
The LED is 30cm away from the top of the plant.

IMG_20180104_152812.jpg

View image in gallery

IMG_20180104_152754.jpg

View image in gallery

IMG_20180104_152731.jpg

View image in gallery

IMG_20180104_152632.jpg

View image in gallery

isn't the recommended distance for cree leds about 16 inches during flower?
I don't own one but sure that what I heard.
It's still in veg, I'll move it up to around 40cm. Actually, since it's not doing well, I'll hang it up as far away as I can.

i would say it's either light or heat stress or root rot. my best guess would be light. those leds should be started at
3.5 feet away n bought closer over time. Diagnose Sick Cannabis Plants | Marijuana Nutrient Problems & Symptoms by Picture | Grow Weed Easy

Roots are nice and white and no slime. Water temp is at 20c.

I will raise the light up a little bit

Hey everyone,
I thought I'd give you guys a little update on my lady.

I changed the res on sunday. Cleaned out the whole bucket because I saw some green slime on my hoses for the air pump. The water temp got a little too high, 22c+. The transformer, ballast, power supply or whatever it was was warming up my box and water so I placed it outside the box along with my air pump. The Temperature today (3pm) was at 19-20c. It's still a little high. If I see more green slime next res change, I'll add a bottle of ice into the res. The Waterpump that was pumping water into my netpot has also been removed as the current was sucking in my roots. My roots have a slight darker color to them, but it only affects the roots to about half length. The lower part to the tips is still white. I can't smell any bad odor though.
I sadly can not get Botanicares Hydroguard in Europe, same goes with Aquashield. Does anyone have an alternative?

Veg Week 4
PH:
has been pretty stable the last couple of days. Overnight it only increased to 6.1-6.2 instead of 6.5. I also switched my ph down to HESI ph- for Bloom (59% phospohric acid).

EC:
I lowered my EC to 750. 5.7ml Grow 5.7ml Micro 3.2ml Bloom and 0,5g of epsom salt to bring my Mag levels a tad higher.

She has not been growing as rapidly as before the problems started. My plan for her right now is to let her veg until sunday or maybe one more week. I did top her 2 weeks ago before my problems began. i noticed a lot of new growth coming from below however.

20180109_162932.jpg

I'm a little worried about the brown spots on those lower, older leaves and the yellowing on the new leaves up top, next to where she was topped.

I hope she will recover from my beginner mistakes

Back
Top Bottom