Correct PH for an indoor hydro setup

M

MashItUp

whats the correct ph to stay at in order for your plants to thrive in an indoor hydro system?

i have had it at 6.1 to 6.3 for a while now, but i recently have had multiple sources tell me that it should b between 6.5 and 7 for best results. Im a bit puzzled as i had multiple sources before that confirmed 5.8 to 6.3. any other opionions would be helpful, and if anyone has had real results please let me know that so i can be more sure it truly will be ok.

5.8 to 6.0 is the best range for hydro. 6.5 to 7.0 is for soil. You will be fine in hydro from 5.5 to 6.5. I get ph burns if my ph gets to 6.5-7.0

ive never heard not over 6, i read ed rosethals ask ed book and he said 6.1 to 6.3

I start at around 5.5 then let it rise to about 6.3 before lowering it back down to 5.5. The gradual rise in ph is beneficial to your plants. As the ph rises it allows your plants to take in different nutrients. If your serious about growing I suggest you get a digital ph tester. Good luck!

first ive heard of letting it rise gradually. and i dont know y everyone assumes i dont have a digital ph tester. i have one its nice, and i am well aware of my ph and ppm, but i just keep getting contradicting answers and it appears there is no clear cut answer to this question. i have done well at 6.0 to 6.3 i think i might just stick with it. and my ph varies at times but i change my resevoir everyweek, and it ussually just stays around where i put it when i fill the resevoir.

when you ask a question on the forums. You will get different answers. Some answers will be from somebody who heard of how to do it. Some will be from people who read of how to do it and some will be from people who have experience on how to do it. You have to take it all in and decide for yourself the best ph value to use when your growing your own crop. You say your doing well with 6 - 6.3. You can either stay with that value or you can try and drop it down to 5.5 and see if you get better results. Basically, your not going to get the same (correct) answer from everyone who replys to your question. Good luck with your grow

my second post mentioned id prefer if only people with real expierence answered. since you do have that, i appreciate the help and at least i know a range that will not really damage my team. thanks again, to everyone who replied.

Mash this is my first hydro grow so I don't have a lot of experience with this but I had ph problems in vegging having my ph to high. I don't have a digital tester so I have to color match mine to get it to the 5.5 6.5 range but trust me to high of a ph will burn your plants horribly. I have never had my ph to low so I don't know if the burns are the same. Also I had fluctuating ph and I was told this should not be. Are you using rock wool cubes? IF so did you pre soak them. The reason why I ask is because my vegging room had a fluctuating ph because I didn't pre treat the cubes. In flowering my ph has never changed. Also it it makes you feel better mash I knew you had a digital tester when you said you had you're ph at 6.1 to 6.3

Spliff Twister said:
Mash this is my first hydro grow so I don't have a lot of experience with this but I had ph problems in vegging having my ph to high. I don't have a digital tester so I have to color match mine to get it to the 5.5 6.5 range but trust me to high of a ph will burn your plants horribly. I have never had my ph to low so I don't know if the burns are the same. Also I had fluctuating ph and I was told this should not be. Are you using rock wool cubes? IF so did you pre soak them. The reason why I ask is because my vegging room had a fluctuating ph because I didn't pre treat the cubes. In flowering my ph has never changed. Also it it makes you feel better mash I knew you had a digital tester when you said you had you're ph at 6.1 to 6.3

Yeah i actually have more expierence then you do. I just know that the plants picks up certain nutrients at certain ph levels, and i was wondering it there was some difinitive answer that i was unaware of. But i guess i was not, i dont get any burn and i have had issues on a smaller scale with a lower ph, but i have never had a problem with high ph as i monitor it pretty religously. and i dont use rockwool for anything but clones and im aware of the soaking them stage. I think i'll just stay with what has worked i havent had any issues lately.

bump cuz I got the same question, yes I know I'm bringing back a dead thread, no need to start a new one on the same subject... Are we in agreement that your hydro pH should be around 5.8-6.3 during flowering??? I know Nitrogen is the primary nutrient used in flowering and from the charts I have, nitrogen becomes "fully" available at 6.0 correct??

correct. Also, unless you calibrate your ph tester often then your readings can be off slightly. That's another reason why it's a good idea to let your ph value swing from 5.8 - 6.3.... 5.5 - 6.5 wouldn't really hurt either.

No problem bringing back old threads. I highly recommend it rather then cluttering up the boards with duplicate threads.

just the answer I was looking for Stix, we can always count on you for a quick and informative answer!!

Stix always has the correct answer :popcorn: I have a question for anyone here. Is it good to oxiginate a 25 or 30 gallon reservoir that has Reverse Osmosis water in it ? Or jest leave it covered up at 0 ppm :thanks:

Reverse Osmosis will purify the water but does nothing to oxygenate it. It is critical for your roots that your nutrient be well oxygenated. Whether or not this "contaminates" the water by bringing impurities from the air into the water is unknown to me. In my opinion it is a necessary risk. A very slight risk at that. Your already one step ahead of nature with the reverse osmosis treated water. Nature seems to be doing fine so I'm sure you'd be fine to run an airstone in some treated water.

Thanks Stix :) How often do you change the water in your reservoir ? Once every week or every other week ? Does it make a difference ? Again Thanks

Every week for best results and I run FLORA KLEEN thur for 4 or 5 hours, drain and then fresh nutrients, ph adjusted water. I have just changed bulbs today and gone to 12-12. Tomorrow I will drain and run FLORA KLEEN for at least 12 hours and switch to bloom nutrients. The Flora Kleen removes salts and build-ups from your system and roots. They love it! You will see them shoot up after you kleen them.

Every week for best results and I run FLORA KLEEN thur for 4 or 5 hours, drain and then fresh nutrients, ph adjusted water. I have just changed bulbs today and gone to 12-12. Tomorrow I will drain and run FLORA KLEEN for at least 12 hours and switch to bloom nutrients. The Flora Kleen removes salts and build-ups from your system and roots. They love it! You will see them shoot up after you kleen them.

agreed.....

Back
Top Bottom