Water temperature

Usually they describe it as tepid. Not hot or cold, about 65-75 degrees. The cooler the roots, the more heat the plant can take above, the warmer the less. So you can adjust accordingly to the amount of heat you have from the lights if the filtration can't get enough heat out. I don't know the "perfect" temp though, but we have some hydro heads here to help :)

I'd say Boss hit in on the head. 65 degrees is ideal for water temp while 75 degrees is ideal for air temp. That's why I have recently moved my resevoir outside my grow room where the air temp is cooler. I've grown for over a year with my resevoir inside my grow room with pretty good results. I have since moved it when I learned having a cooler nutrient solution is beneficial to the plants.

For cloning however, water temp should be warmer (around 75-80 degrees). Keep the clones in a humidity dome for 2 weeks spraying water on the plants every day to keep the humidity up.

"Roots within 2 weeks with a better than 90% success rate."

That's only because you are a stud Racefan :) Man that sounds so much easier thaen all the crap everyone goes through. I am gonna try that.

Thank you for clearing that up :) I had read cooler for hydro for that reason somewhere.

I hope you were being sarcastic boss.:) I'm no stud. I'm lazy! It's why I preach the kiss method and it's why the cuttings are thrown in a cup of water and placed in the window sill. Replace the water every 2 days. If your worried about light to the root zone use a old AOL CD that they gave away to everyone who even looked half alive and place the stems through the hole with the cd sitting on top of the cup. It's a junk cd so cutting it in half to remove the rooted cuttings won't damage anything worthwhile.

It takes the same principals as cloning a veg plant and isn't any harder to do. It might take a few more day for the rooting process to complete but other than that it's no different. Once the clone roots you need to reveg and then go to flower. There is a old thread around here called "what is a flowering clone?" and it describes a growing process utilizing clones taken from plants 21 days or so into flower. It allows one to have perpetual harvests without keeping moms.

What is a flowering clone?

Is there a rage that the water temperature should stay within in a hydro system? Would plant stage paly a part in what the temp needs to be?[/QUOTE

One of the most important parts of growing hydro is water temps! Keeping your rez between 66 and 72df will allow your h20 to absorb all the DO that you need. DO is everything in hydro!!

Is there a rage that the water temperature should stay within in a hydro system? Would plant stage paly a part in what the temp needs to be?[/QUOTE

One of the most important parts of growing hydro is water temps! Keeping your rez between 66 and 72df will allow your h20 to absorb all the DO that you need. DO is everything in hydro!!

What's DO mean?

DO means dissolved oxygen and that is how much oxygen the water can hold at a given temperature.

The hotter the water the less it holds.

If you are going to run over 72f like I do.

You will need to use something like z7 water treatment or you will most likely have root issues.

Z7 is a must for any hydro grower i thought. I have been using it since i heard of it never any root problems. I even have a dwc in my clone/mother tent with a heat mat so humidity is high and temps get high. But with z7 no algea no problems with rot. Just healthy white roots

Not sure what z7 is but I use a concentrated h202 once a week in my reservoirs to keep everything clean.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Google z7 for hydro its the best product i have found for my rez staying healthy at high temps and stablizes ph for longer than any other product i have tried

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

When you use z7 there is no need for h202. I have not washed my buckets or hydroton or done anything more then just rinse things off with some tap water for years now. If you put some z7 and tap water in a spray cloner there is still no need to clean anything or use any kind of gel or powder. I use old clippers to take my cuttings and just stick them into the spay cloner with a foam ring and off they go. Z7 keeps everything clean and fresh.

z7 is a game changer for DWC...
+
Not sure what z7 is but I use a concentrated h202 once a week in my reservoirs to keep everything clean.

When you use z7 there is no need for h202. I have not washed my buckets or hydroton or done anything more then just rinse things off with some tap water for years now. If you put some z7 and tap water in a spray cloner there is still no need to clean anything or use any kind of gel or powder. I use old clippers to take my cuttings and just stick them into the spay cloner with a foam ring and off they go. Z7 keeps everything clean and fresh.

z7 is a game changer for DWC...
+

Is it expensive?

I'll always be overly clean. It's just what I like. It's easy and cost effective.

Also my res is kept 66-68 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom