Nute Brand Question

budculture

Hey All, Running a mini-cab DWC cfl grow. In about the 6th week of flowering and the girls are well. Lots of tricomes and seem to be doing OK, no yellowing. Pretty happy so far, but running out of nutes and wondering if it's a good idea to change nute brand mid-grow? I'm using BC Bloom and Boost w/ some of their additives, like Awsome Blossoms and B-1 Thrive. Changing nutes every 10-14 days. I looked at the nute tutorial and BC wasn't listed. Anyone have any experience with this brand? I haven't invested too heavily in BC, but just curious before I have to re-supply. Is there a nute brand poll somewhere on the site?
Thanks for all the help. :ganjamon:

"Peace is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."

Go to your nearest hydro store and when you walk in put a blind fold on and then have a friend spin you around three or four times to get you all good and dizzy and then let you go in what ever direction you go and then what ever brand you touch first use that one because really all are pretty close to each other as far as results....IMO. You can enhance any of the nutes on the market with additives and foliar feeding and such but for the most part there are WAY too many to list or even begin to start telling you about them. Yes there are threads already talking about this subject just hit the search spot at the top right on your screen. As for me I use General Hydroponics and it works perfectly but I added Fox Farms Big Bloom to my res at about 3 weeks out from harvest and seen a huge difference from my buds getting a little more dense.

Hope that helps...:peace:

Thanks Signman. That's about what I figured. I had gotten the BC stuff with a "Garden of Ease" that we won when our local Hydro shop opened.This is my first Hydro and indoor grow, so I figured I would just use what I had. I've also been adding a bit (1/2 tsp per gal) of Dark Energy suplement. Now I don't know if Dark energy is organic, but all the other stuff is not. I've noticed my Ph drifting higher since I started adding higher amounts of Dark Energy as flowering progresses. Is a bad idea to combine chemical nutes with organic supplements? Is this causing my Ph to drift?
I looked at SM's thread on supplements and I think I'll try some vitamins too as I get nearer to the finish.
Thanks again for the help all. :ganjamon:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Ghandi

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but what are the main nutes you need or is recommended? Not talking the brand, just what they are called. Like one nute called this for root growth, one nute called this for thick vegetation, and so forth?

Thanks.

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but what are the main nutes you need or is recommended? Not talking the brand, just what they are called. Like one nute called this for root growth, one nute called this for thick vegetation, and so forth?

Thanks.

npk ... nitrogen potasium phosphorus

all the micro nutes also

Oh, they are actually called that on the box? Shiat, didn't know that, thought they had a fancy name or something. My bad, lol.

Thanks man.

i thnk so lol

well on the box it will usuallly have the npk rating which would be somthing like 5 5 5 or 10 15 2

and u want different number for different stages of the plants life

go check out the overgrow FAQ

Just found out that Dark Energy is for the veg stage, so I guess I won't be putting any more in my rez. Bought some Monster Bloomz. Dude said it's been around forever and kicks azz for yield. Anyone use this stuff? Also got some Bloomalisious (sp). Guy said it will smooth out the product taste and boost yield. Anyone use this ?

Thanks folks.:ganjamon:

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Ghandi

One thing you may want to consider is to stay away from brands that are marketed specifically for cannabis, covertly or otherwise. Buying these nutrients is a dead givaway as to what you are growing. Examples would be B'cUZZ and Advanced Nutrients.

But hey, level of risk is a personal choice, so if you're hell-bent on using one of these brands of nutes, more power to ya.

Back
Top Bottom