Flushing.

grofox

Hi,

You see my system in my signature...

I am told to flush out the salts in the system (running ph6.0 water, to displace all food solution) every 10 days for a day, then restart the nutrient.

If this is necessary, I prefer to do this every 2 weeks, as it makes it easier for me with scheduling and work, etc.

Do all of you flush regularly? Every 10 days? will every 14 days be a problem?

Thanks

Re: Flushing...

2 weeks to flush will work but 4 weeks is normal. Dump your nutes aprox 7-10 days and flush monthly. The Ph dont matter as long as your in the spec 5.5-6.2

Flush up to 1-2 weeks before harvest. Nute choice is important here. You need to pick one that is specifically made for hydro in order to make sure nute buildup doesn't occur within the system.

If I understand you both correctly,

I am using GenHydro which is a solution for Hydroponics.

You are also saying that I should dump and immediately remake my nutes every 7-10 days, and then flush once a month.

I guess you are saying that the nutes after 10 days are all used up? Yet my ppm's seem to go up, not down?

Have I understood you correctly?

Thanks

Yes, flushing the system every 2 weeks and adding the new nute solution at that point is important. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. If you can flush every week, that would be optimal. Flushing during the grow just means to drain the old water out and adding the new nute solution in. ;-) But generally flushing means to drain the old solution out and adding fresh water in. I think maybe there should be a new term for flushing during the grow, so it's not so confusing. ;-)

^Not exactly Ms Fox....A true flush is draining the res completely and filling with Ph balanced water and idealy a Clearex type solution. At the least use straight water. This is too remove salts in your system so they wont get a lockout. Flush 24 hrs. Drain/refill/renute and do this weekly. Hydro is somewhat labor intensive but this prevents most issues. Flush every 4 weeks. Ive read your journals and they are the best....but I see salt buildup on your Cabgow and coupled with a small res like that invites Ph flux and lockout.

If I understand you both correctly,

I am using GenHydro which is a solution for Hydroponics.

You are also saying that I should dump and immediately remake my nutes every 7-10 days, and then flush once a month.

I guess you are saying that the nutes after 10 days are all used up? Yet my ppm's seem to go up, not down?

Have I understood you correctly?

Thanks

Your PPM wlll RISE due to evaporation and water intake combined
Its normal

Ok,

I am a little confused...I understand that when I flush, I drain, refill with 6.0 straight water for a day, then drain, and then refill with 6.0 & nutes.

I was always told every 7-10 days, I wanted to stretch this to every 2 weeks to make things easy.

Anarchy, you say flush every week, then you say flush every 4 weeks...I am a little confused by your post...

Also, consider: I have a table, where I flush and drain my clones for 30 days, then they get 30 days of veg (18 hours), then 60 days of bud (12 hours). I was thinking that I really only needed to flush the bud rooms, when they are really sucking up that water??

I just saw another post from you guys/gals...

I think you mean change the nute solution weekly, and do the 24hour flush monthly?

Just in the bud room?

Ideally you want to change it every week. ;-) I will have to agree and say to do the 24hr flush monthly. That makes sense... It was something I didn't do, but probably should have. I would guess you would probably want to do that with veg too depending on their length of stay.

Back
Top Bottom