Lawyer

I'd be happy to talk to you. I'm an attorney located in Macoupin County. My practice focuses on helping businesses understand the new law and build legally compliant business plans.

You might find some helpful information on a website I manage (still under construction): Illinois cannabis business and law help... You'll also find the number to my office there.

Bradley Vallerius

Thanx for posting your website, excellent info there. I live in Winnebago county north of Rockford and was food editor of Skunk magazine for 5 years. No longer, moving on as I own a "straight" business as well. I want to possibly be a cultivation center supplying a dispensary as I do grow very good quality 420 and have much of the brand new equipment. How does one apply to the state of IL for this?

Hi Larry... The process for applying for a cultivation center or dispensary license has not begun yet. It probably will not begin until the second half of 2014. The Illinois agencies that receive power under the new law still have to draft regulations covering cultivation centers and dispensaries, but they will not begin their work until Jan. 1. It's good to be thinking and planning already though.

Incidentally, the law already does provide a good outline of what a prospective licensee must demonstrate in its application. For example, an applicant has to identify every principal board member, officer, and investor, and must show that proper security and record-keeping measures are in place. The forthcoming regulations will provide much more detailed operating rules for cultivation centers and dispensaries, but there's already enough information in the law to start planning now rather than later. The law allows only 20 cultivation centers (not 22 as commonly thought) and 60 dispensaries. If other states are a good indicator then there could be many more applications than available licenses.

Let's speak about the other stuff on the phone. I've got your number. I'll call Monday late afternoon to see if I can reach you.

Brad
314-322-0887

Very informative website, with up to date info. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom