Hempy Bucket with Soil/Perlite?

HighGrade159

I was wondering if this is possible guys.. I want to do a hempy bucket grow with possibly 75% soil and 25% perlite. I was thinking of having a fair bit of perlite at the bottom of the bucket where the reservoir would be in a 50/50 ratio to soil. And the rest being mainly soil with a smaller amount of perlite. I would be using buffertabs a long with an organic fertilizer for later flowering stages.

Could this work and gain reap the benefits of a traditional hempy bucket setup?

:Namaste:

Hempy Buckets are a method of DWC-- Hydro-- meaning NO SOIL! You can NOT mix the two- as the type of roots the plants grow when in hydro are totally different than the roots they grow in soil-- so putting soil an a hydro system basically drowns the plant.
Just use lava-rock, pea gravel (well washed!) chunky pearlite, hydrotons etc... but no soil, peat etc... plugs up they sytem, throws of all the micro-organisms and drowns the roots!

Have fun! ;)

Lady Zandra said:
Hempy Buckets are a method of DWC-- Hydro-- meaning NO SOIL! You can NOT mix the two- as the type of roots the plants grow when in hydro are totally different than the roots they grow in soil-- so putting soil an a hydro system basically drowns the plant.
Just use lava-rock, pea gravel (well washed!) chunky pearlite, hydrotons etc... but no soil, peat etc... plugs up they sytem, throws of all the micro-organisms and drowns the roots!

Have fun! ;)

Actually you could use soil, you would have to fill the bottom 2 or 3 inches with hydroton balls or whatever. And prob 2 parts soil to 2 part perlite. I've asked before.

Actually you could use soil, you would have to fill the bottom 2 or 3 inches with hydroton balls or whatever. And prob 2 parts soil to 2 part perlite. I've asked before.

I'll have to try that. I'm gonna do a little experiment growing a strain in a hempy bucket with soil as you recommended above alongside a normal soil grow with the same strain in the same conditions and see what happens. Grow tent and LEDs are in the post so I'll make a journal once everything's in action if anyone is interested..

Thanks for the information dudes/dudettes!

HighGrade159 said:
I'll have to try that. I'm gonna do a little experiment growing a strain in a hempy bucket with soil as you recommended above alongside a normal soil grow with the same strain in the same conditions and see what happens. Grow tent and LEDs are in the post so I'll make a journal once everything's in action if anyone is interested..

Thanks for the information dudes/dudettes!

My hypothesis is the original hempy will be better, more area for roots to spread but either way I want to see. I opted for perlite and vermiculite because its cheaper.

My hypothesis is the original hempy will be better, more area for roots to spread but either way I want to see. I opted for perlite and vermiculite because its cheaper.

The reason why I'm not doing the original hempy is that I have just bought a 4 stage organic soil nutes and don't really want to fork out for some hydro nutes. If I can get better growth in this modified hempy bucket in comparison to a standard pot then I'm a winner no? :D

HighGrade159 said:
The reason why I'm not doing the original hempy is that I have just bought a 4 stage organic soil nutes and don't really want to fork out for some hydro nutes. If I can get better growth in this modified hempy bucket in comparison to a standard pot then I'm a winner no? :D

True that, grow on.

Back
Top Bottom