The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Batcave

I figured I would start this thread for all of us indoor growers growing in a 4x4 tent so we can share our tips and tricks. I know that many of use grow tents for growing our favorite plants, but many end up upgrading to the ever popular 4x4x6.5 tent. Feel free to post your 4x4 photos and info.

My setup is as follows:

4x4x6.5 basic $125 grow tent from ebay
JD Lighting 1000w dimmable ballast
1000w ultra sun hps bulb
Hydrotek tube cooled hood
4ft light mover (only travels 8" both ways)
6" 440cfm fan attached to a 6x24 filter
22" osc fan for over the canopy
2x 6" clip fans blowing just under the tube

The medium I use is FFOF x Coco Coir x Perlite x Diatamaceous Earth in 2 and 3 gallon pots bags or softsided pots, basically whatever I get my hands on when its time to pot up. Nutrients are my simple Age Old Organics grow/bloom liquids with mollassess and pk13/14 fed with tapwater.

I run 8 to 10 plants in a perpetual rotation and roughly average 2 to 2.5 oz per plants strain dependant.

Post your 4x4's!

IMG_69781.JPG

IMG_69761.JPG

And my 4x2x5 LED veg and mom tent
IMG_697211.jpg

My 4ft light mover works great and I used it with my 600w for a year and it rocked the 600w perfectly in my 4x4.

Look around Amazon since they have a better return and refund policy than eBay sellers. I got mine from Amazon.
41I8GNjE0KL.jpg

Numerous well know ebay sellers selling the same, I just prefer Amazon. I have seen the same one for $125 shipped on ebay, but its eBay.

I have a total of 46 pounds hanging from my ceiling, the ad says it can hold 80 pounds but I personally wouldnt add that much weight unless I beefed all the supports up.

Great thread for us tent guys.

Mine is the same size as yours,
Light: 400w Metal Halide/600w HPS
Vent: 4 in inline fan venting through the hood, but need a glass to close the hood offf.
Fan: One box fan on low
Temp: 81 running light 24/7 due to the very cold nights. The tent is in a detatched garage.
RH: 22-25%
Have 9 seedlings in the tent now under the Halide, a couple weeks and the light and time will get flipped to 12/.12 and HPS.
Finished_2012_073.jpg

Finished_2012_074.jpg

Finished_2012_075.jpg

Finished_2012_076.jpg

it will soon be filled with plants, peace OG

OG1969, looking good man! Is this your first grow in that 4x4?

WizHigh, any 4x4 space would work, doesnt have to really be a tent, homeade works just as well ;). It is more about the space and lighting than anything else.

I'll post pictures of my set up. Just waiting a few more weeks before I set things up. It's a 4x4x6.5, JDL 600watt mh/hps

Welcome and please do post your 4x4 600w setup when you get it up and running. I did the 600w in mine for a year and did quite well. The JDL ballast is rock solid and you will love it.

BC

Welcome and please do post your 4x4 600w setup when you get it up and running. I did the 600w in mine for a year and did quite well. The JDL ballast is rock solid and you will love it.

BC

Definitely works great. I have my HSO OG Kush strain growing, G13 Labs OG13, and RP Headband. Definitely strong. I veg them at 50% and they have SUPER tight internodes! Had to use my CFL lights for a couple days to get them to stretch a bit so I can top them off. I'll definitely post pictures of my entire set up when it's ready for flowering.

I'm in the process of vegging out 5 big girls that will be in 5gal buckets soon :) and will be vegged at least 60 days. Going to see just how big they can get under the 1000w

I veg in mine now. Used to bloom in it tho.
. I can join? Lol

I wont inundate ya with pics as I bloom in a 8x4 so that's not really fair lol. But he links in my sig and plenty seats are available

sure you can join in, 4x4 is a big veg area. What lights are you running in veg?

Thanks.

It small for me really. I'm forced to use my Cline area for moms cause I lack room in here lol.
I also train into medium sized bushes so I need some extra room.
In the veg tent I run a 600hps lumatek and a 250mh both aircooled. In flower I run a dual 600w Hps ballast (eurosystems) and a 400w mh (DIY ballast I bought in a kit from 1000bulbs.com and assembled in an electrical box.

Back
Top Bottom