PH soil and nutrient - Hy-Pro Terra

jummejum

Hi there!

Im new to this site, and i would like to get some help from experienced growers ;)

Soil is mixed with clay pebbles (60/40) and the soil is a mix of different things that i cannot remember, but it says Ph7 stable.

I haven't checked any run-off, or Ph of the soil itself, but i do Ph the water before i feed the plants. I keep it at 6,3-6,5 Ph.

According to the feed schedule provided by the nutrient company (hy-pro.nl) it says to keep Ph between 5,5-6,0 both in soil and hydro. This got me a bit confused after reading heaps online and ppl keep saying 6,3-6,8 Ph in soil?

After last feed some of the leaves began clawing (randomly)

Also i do have some clones in a homemade dwc bubbler (Ph 5,5) but shit won't root at all. Temp is 22-25 deg celsius and is under 1x15w gro-lux.

Hy-Pro Terra
A5-FLYER-TERRA.jpg

Hy-Pro Hydro
A5-FLYER-HYDRO.jpg

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi there!

Im new to this site, and i would like to get some help from experienced growers ;)

Soil is mixed with clay pebbles (60/40) and the soil is a mix of different things that i cannot remember, but it says Ph7 stable.

I haven't checked any run-off, or Ph of the soil itself, but i do Ph the water before i feed the plants. I keep it at 6,3-6,5 Ph.

According to the feed schedule provided by the nutrient company (hy-pro.nl) it says to keep Ph between 5,5-6,0 both in soil and hydro. This got me a bit confused after reading heaps online and ppl keep saying 6,3-6,8 Ph in soil?

After last feed some of the leaves began clawing (randomly)

Also i do have some clones in a homemade dwc bubbler (Ph 5,5) but shit won't root at all. Temp is 22-25 deg celsius and is under 1x15w gro-lux.

Hy-Pro Terra (soil)

Hy-Pro Hydro

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

WELCOME of course to 420 mag, ,

First off, Your ph should be in a range of 5.5-6 for soil, clawing will be caused directly from phing incorrectly.

Secound, the dwx bubbler, how big is it? gallons? litters? and it only has a 15w cfl bulb on it?? or you mean 150 w??

Thanks alot for that quick answer :)

Hmm, funny because i just recently began to check Ph after i ordered a pen. But i found out that using tap water and the prescripted dosage (5ml/L) the Ph was 7.

So last feed i corrected it to 6,5. Next time i will do as told :)

For the bubbler, its 0,75 L and has 1 semi size airstone in it with a 90L/hr pump.

Also the light is only 15watts T8.

Thanks alot for that quick answer :)

Hmm, funny because i just recently began to check Ph after i ordered a pen. But i found out that using tap water and the prescripted dosage (5ml/L) the Ph was 7.

So last feed i corrected it to 6,5. Next time i will do as told :)

For the bubbler, its 0,75 L and has 1 semi size airstone in it with a 90L/hr pump.

Also the light is only 15watts T8.

THEN Honsestly, you need more light, i cant imagine you could grow anything under less then 75-100w.... and even then yeild will be low, i would go to home depot or somewere and start with that,

Optimal soil PH is aprox 6.4 to 6.6 for best nutrient uptake.

In fact you can safely grow any where in the nuetral range of PH of 6 & 7 with out to many issue's...

You can get away with a little bit either side tho but some of the micro nutrients are less likely to become aviable either side of the nuetral PH range !

The only thing i can think of is that P-phosphorus (macro nutrient) becomes locked out under PH 5.5 !

Measuring run off is abit pointless as this is the leeched remains of nutrient rich water which is adversely effected by passing through the soil... its not gonna give you a correct reading !

What is important is the correct PH of soil/compost this is where the real chemistry comes into play mainly for organic nutrients !

If using chemical/synthetic based nutrients these often come in a chelated form which makes em more aviable over a wider range of PH...

Also of note soil/compost has self buffering nature it will return to its natural PH value over a period of several hours after watering with nutrients... but may go slightly lower in PH value when dry or used for many grows !

So i wouldn't really get to anal retentive about PH of nutrient solution or even bother with measuring run off...

i have a very small plant thats been in veg for 6 weeks and is still only about 5 inch tall i just switched to ff soil and tiger (nut) and ordered cal mag for my yellowing leaves. however i know to ph my water with a digital ph meter (which i have) but in my potting soil and pot the ph reads 7.5 so i dont know if i should ph my water way low to get the ph to come down or what i should do can anyone help?

I use FFOF soil for my current grow of AK-47. I have struggled with pH for awhile. It seems the soil is pretty well self-buffered to about pH 7...at least that's been my experience. In past grows I had some trouble with what I think was either a cal or mag lockout. I always tried to adjust the pH of my water/nutes up to about pH 6.2 -6.5. I use fish emulsion fertilizer...when mixed with water the pH goes to pH 4.5 -5.0 or so. I used to use pH UP to bring it up a bit. This grow, however, I'm just adding the emulsion and Cal-Mag to my water. I'm not adjusting the pH at all. Seems to be working....plants are quite healthy. When I test the soil with a Rapidtest Soil pH Meter, I get readings about 6.7 - 6.9. Apparently, the soil buffering brings the pH up to a more neutral range.

Back
Top Bottom