Exhaust fan off at night?

Kritikal

Hey guys,

Quick question about the ventilation at night in my tent.

Its a small 80cm x 80cm x 180cm tent and I only have 1 seedling in there at the moment under an LED waiting to sprout.

My question is at night time the ambient temperature sits around 21c-24c (70f-75f), so would it be ok for me to leave the extraction fan off for the 6 hours that the light is off? (6" oscillating fan will be on and passive intakes will still be open)

Maybe have it on for 10 minutes every hour or something?

If this is ok, would it be ok to do this for the first 3 weeks or so while there is no smell coming from the plant?

The noise of the extractor fan can be slightly annoying while trying to sleep right next to it so would be nice if i could turn it off during the dark period and knowing my plant will be fine. (Ill have it on a timer to come back on in the morning)

All all help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Kritical, I turn my exhaust of for the whole dark period simply because i sleep in the same room don't think its ideal but it doesn't seem to be causing much trouble. I think it would be better for it to be on but if it stops you sleeping not worth it i guess. 10 mins an hour would again be better than not at all. I think its more important during flowering to stop told etc.

Ye more likely not a problem during vegging...

How ever whilst flowering you may want to keep the exhaust fan running 24/7 !

As relative humidity can spike during the lights off period which may lead to bud rot problems.

Yup check out an internet weather station which shows RH in its forecast & look at RH during day & night, normaly increase during the night.. the same principle works for indoor grow tents :thumb:

So it is best to know your RH at all times, this may change a little depending on what part of the world you are from ?

With 1 little seedling your golden to leave the fan off , its a big enough space that natural convection should vent the tent enough for a few seedlings.

Just make sure the lower vent is in place / unobstructed and the air will circulate.

I use a dehumidifier and vent from my 2x4 cabinet threw a carbon filter and into the room to recycle the warmth.

Back
Top Bottom