Advice on first organic soil grow

glimmergrass

Hey, guys!

I've done my first two grows in coco coir, treating it like soil and feeding it with GH nutes. I loved this - was a great balance for me (as a hobbyist) between a medium that seems pretty analogous to growing in soil, but gave me control over nutes.

I recently bought about 20 gallons of homemade amended organic soil from my local hydro store so I could give organic soil growing a try (because that's the kind of bud I tend to buy for myself when I have a choice). The young woman at the store gave me a brief precis of the soil amendments when I bought it which I should have written down. I just called the store and asked the owner just for the sales pitch (I didn't want his formula :)) and he just said "Ancient Chinese secret" heh heh heh. He'll just say that there's enough good stuff in it for 3 months. This strikes me as unnecessarily vague, but whatever.

I was doubtless an idiot for impulse buying my soil without knowing what's in it :whoa:

So I've got 20 gallons of soil and I don't have the first idea what's in it. I'm nervous about plunging into a soil grow totally blind. Is this doable, asks the control freak? Should I try just a plant or two in it and run the rest in coco which I have a feel for now?

Thank you for any help!

Glimmer
impulse buyer

Back
Top Bottom