Miracle Gro Nature's Care With Water Conserve

BC Greenly

420 Member
Yo. First post here, or for that matter, on any growing forum.

I've started my first grow. 26 inch wide, 24 inch long, 8 foot tall closet grow with CFL lights. Two 150w day time lights set high and two 75w day time for filler. I have soft whites to replace the day times when flowering comes.

The seeds are just bag seeds. Completely unknown as to sex or strain. I was growing 4 but the cat got at two seedlings so I'm clutching onto my current 2 plants right now, and hoping at least one of them is female *fingers crossed*

I've already rabbled on for long enough. The point of this thread is to cover this... Soil.

It's, as the title implies, Miracle Gro Nature's Care Organic Potting mix with Water Conserve. So far, I think all of my problems are due to this soil. The plants are looking healthy-ish but could be better. I think it's mostly due to the fact that it has "water conserve" that's causing my issues, as well as, I'm pretty certain this soil has some form of nutrients in it, which I was not aware of.

I wish my journal was a little more accurate but I attribute that to this being my first time. Still trying to get things right. As my memory serves me, it has been MINIMUM 5 days, if not 6 or 7 days since I watered them. They are not showing signs of under-watering, in fact, the right one is showing signs of over-watering, and both (especially the right) are showing signs of nitrogen toxicity as shown at the bottom of this page. They are both doing "the claw" but the right one is doing it more-so. Oddly enough, the plant on the left seems quite healthy. Very brilliant green, very robust looking leaves, and good spacing between the nodes, yet it's shorter than the one on the right, which is stricken with more problems.

I'm hoping that I can either A. Leave them in this soil and allow the plants to just tank right through the "starter" nutrients in the soil that they were never supposed to have as seedlings, and then figure out the water problem as I go.

Or B. Have one of you tell me that I should get some FoxFarm soil and transplant them to a new soil.... I am very afraid of transplanting them as they're already stressed enough from this MG soil and as much as I know it would benefit them in the long run, I feel that transplanting might do more harm than good to my currently 4-5 inch tall 3 node buddies.

What do you think? Do any of you have experience with this soil? Should I bite the bullet and uproot them or just pull their rootball out and put it in new soil, leaving remnants of the MG soil in FoxFarm soil, or, LEAVE them in MG soil and deal with this "water conserve" BS. I'm telling you, it has been close to a week and they're still not showing signs of needing water. The top soil is dry but if I put my finger into the soil, it's STILL moist. Am I going to be experience root rot soon?

In the famous words of so many new growers.... HEEELLLLLP!

Did you transfer it to foxfarm? Or did you let it outgrow. I'm using natures care, made same mistake. I'm on my second week and it looks like over watering and I last water a like couple days.

Before I started my first grow, I read within the first week of the learning curve that you NEVER use miracle grow of any type unless you plan on growing outdoors. Even then, it's not good for cannabis

Before I started my first grow, I read within the first week of the learning curve that you NEVER use miracle grow of any type unless you plan on growing outdoors. Even then, it's not good for cannabis

I continue to chuckle the way that MG is demonized. They spend more in R&D on fertilizers in a year than most of these small companies are worth. Their products have an incredible amount of researching, development and testing for growth or flowering. They ARE the next player in nutrient solutions for cannabis growers on a national scale. Their soils are nicely sanitized with no random growth, but are "hot". Watering heavy and flushing the second half of flowering is all that's required to have very easy spectacular results with great tasting buds.

Yo. First post here, or for that matter, on any growing forum.

I've started my first grow. 26 inch wide, 24 inch long, 8 foot tall closet grow with CFL lights. Two 150w day time lights set high and two 75w day time for filler. I have soft whites to replace the day times when flowering comes.

The seeds are just bag seeds. Completely unknown as to sex or strain. I was growing 4 but the cat got at two seedlings so I'm clutching onto my current 2 plants right now, and hoping at least one of them is female *fingers crossed*

I've already rabbled on for long enough. The point of this thread is to cover this... Soil.

It's, as the title implies, Miracle Gro Nature's Care Organic Potting mix with Water Conserve. So far, I think all of my problems are due to this soil. The plants are looking healthy-ish but could be better. I think it's mostly due to the fact that it has "water conserve" that's causing my issues, as well as, I'm pretty certain this soil has some form of nutrients in it, which I was not aware of.

I wish my journal was a little more accurate but I attribute that to this being my first time. Still trying to get things right. As my memory serves me, it has been MINIMUM 5 days, if not 6 or 7 days since I watered them. They are not showing signs of under-watering, in fact, the right one is showing signs of over-watering, and both (especially the right) are showing signs of nitrogen toxicity as shown at the bottom of this page. They are both doing "the claw" but the right one is doing it more-so. Oddly enough, the plant on the left seems quite healthy. Very brilliant green, very robust looking leaves, and good spacing between the nodes, yet it's shorter than the one on the right, which is stricken with more problems.

I'm hoping that I can either A. Leave them in this soil and allow the plants to just tank right through the "starter" nutrients in the soil that they were never supposed to have as seedlings, and then figure out the water problem as I go.

Or B. Have one of you tell me that I should get some FoxFarm soil and transplant them to a new soil.... I am very afraid of transplanting them as they're already stressed enough from this MG soil and as much as I know it would benefit them in the long run, I feel that transplanting might do more harm than good to my currently 4-5 inch tall 3 node buddies.

What do you think? Do any of you have experience with this soil? Should I bite the bullet and uproot them or just pull their rootball out and put it in new soil, leaving remnants of the MG soil in FoxFarm soil, or, LEAVE them in MG soil and deal with this "water conserve" BS. I'm telling you, it has been close to a week and they're still not showing signs of needing water. The top soil is dry but if I put my finger into the soil, it's STILL moist. Am I going to be experience root rot soon?

In the famous words of so many new growers.... HEEELLLLLP!

Are you still around and needing help BadContrakt?

Keith

I have made the same mistake I believe. My plants don't look bad per se but they are showing signs of burning.
420-magazine-mobile1818440618.jpg
420-magazine-mobile756102697.jpg

First pic is from Sunday. Next pic is from Tuesday. You can see the tips of the leaves showing more signs of burning. Would flushing help? I didn't start testing my runoff until Monday. It had a pH of 7.1-7.3. I adjusted down and got a 6.5-6.6.

Peace

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I continue to chuckle the way that MG is demonized. They spend more in R&D on fertilizers in a year than most of these small companies are worth. Their products have an incredible amount of researching, development and testing for growth or flowering. They ARE the next player in nutrient solutions for cannabis growers on a national scale. Their soils are nicely sanitized with no random growth, but are "hot". Watering heavy and flushing the second half of flowering is all that's required to have very easy spectacular results with great tasting buds.

@add - After going through a few more grow cycles we are seeing some batches of Miracle Grow soils with Fungus Nats. We won't be using MG soils again.........

I like this soil myself and I water the shit out of it, I water mine like once a day. I buy a 20 gallon tub on Amazon 8$ I put 3, 1/4 inch holes every 4 inches along the bottom, I pour in a 3$ bag of lava rock, I put a 8$ bag of natures care raised bed garden soil in it... Mix in 1/4 cup of xtreme mykos mycorrhizae 14$ bag and I feed it Drops of 16$ dyna gro until I feel it can take caps... But from personal experience, the water conserve version of the same soil... Has a higher ph I'm guessing for your bushes..

Nature's Care Organic Potting Mix. - Absorbs like a sponge to prevent over and under watering. - Contains Yucca and Coir which provide unique moisture control qualities. - Includes plant food that feeds for up to 2 months for bigger vegetables and herbs.

Like I said I water the shit out of mine... Much like you would water coco, and you can't really over water it..

The problem with MG is that you don't know when the time released neuts are going to kick in and when they are gone. When you have a problem with your plant (which you will) you want to be able to eliminate causes. Best to start with a medium that you have control of throughout the grow.

The stuff I'm using says that 1 bag, is good for about a month. I start off with 1 drop of dyna gro foliage pro, and as the plants start needing more food, I'm a good enough grower that I can read the plant and I start to increase the amount of drops.

Back
Top Bottom