Anyone use or used the plastic grow bags?

newbiegrwer

I am looking at these very inexpensive plastic grow bags and am intrigued while skeptical. If anyone has used them and can tell me if they experienced any real problems either during growing or trying to up pot / transplant please let me know. I am on a budget and these would be a great budget trimmer if they are worth it. Please don't just start telling me you haven't used them but this or that. I would really like to hear from someone that has actually used them.

I've used them for years they grow great plants. Only negatives are having to frequently buy more and sometimes they can be unstable if you dont fill them right. I love that I can be lazy and just cut the bottom off when I need to replant and just place on top of another planter instead.

I've used them for years they grow great plants. Only negatives are having to frequently buy more and sometimes they can be unstable if you dont fill them right. I love that I can be lazy and just cut the bottom off when I need to replant and just place on top of another planter instead.
So for transplanting you just cut the bottom off then slip the sides off after you filled in around it? Sounds like a piece of cake and for the price of the bags you can afford to do it.

Oh and I know I might be asking a lot but if you have any pics of some plants you grew in the bags I would love to see some.
420-magazine-mobile1356676200.jpg

Here is one I currently have going. Its a 2 gallon inside a 5 gallon next to a couple others in 3 gallons. I like the 3 gallons as a stand alone but you can't go too crazy with the veg length or you will have sad plants the last few weeks of flower. If you have great lights with deep penetration and you like to veg your plants 2 months or more and get big trees then I would go with 5 gallons. The reason I do the bag in a bag so often is because I grow on a perpetual cycle. So I am cycling in plants one at a time as space becomes available. Sometimes space isn't available when a veg plant needs to move up in pot size but I dont have room for a big bag so i use the smaller 2 gal and cut the bottom off that a couple of weeks into flower.

Note also the demonstration of LST (the 2 gal bag plant)as a superior technique to high stress techniques such as topping and FIM(3 gal plants).

Try air pots soil is a easy to over water the help of I had used them on my first grow I think it would have been loads better

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom