What brand or type of soil?

ChanChan203

So I'm building first large indoor grow box and I'm wondering what kind of soil to choose for indoor growing until I can build a new hydro system later on next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm having good luck with FFOF bag soil. It's my first grow and the soil is doing well

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I wanted to start with ocean forst I've never used it I thought about mixing it with a little coco since already got perlite to promote aeration and draining

Questions on promix isn't promix inert kinda like coco coir and which kind of promix do u use

That's correct.

I use HP. I recommend adding small amount of perlite and a smart or bag pot.

Also be sure to use calmag.

I found if you use only Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, it's a little airy and drys out very quick. It is also around $20 for 1.5 cu ft (fills about three 5-7 gallon pots). But it is very good soil, so I mix it with either my own composted dirt (baked) or another more sandy cheaper soil such as Scotts Metro Mix 360. There is nothing wrong with just using the Ocean Forest alone, you might just have to water it a little more often and it's full of nutrients so you won't have to add very much to keep your plants healthy all the way to harvest.

I've had success using only ffof, only happy frog, also have done a 50/50 mix of happyFrog and ocean forest, and currently im in 1/4 ocean forest on the bottom with the rest happy frog to save the ocean Forrest for later in the veg stage cause ocean is slightly harsher in its nutrients. I'm also about to take a run with Kind Soil organic super soil which promises that you can grow from seed to harvest using no nutrients just ph'd water so that would be nice but il see if it really works. Anyway that's all my opinion forged from experience. So take it with an open mind cause everyone has different things that work for them. Happy growing and have a great year

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've had success using only ffof, only happy frog, also have done a 50/50 mix of happyFrog and ocean forest, and currently im in 1/4 ocean forest on the bottom with the rest happy frog to save the ocean Forrest for later in the veg stage cause ocean is slightly harsher in its nutrients. I'm also about to take a run with Kind Soil organic super soil which promises that you can grow from seed to harvest using no nutrients just ph'd water so that would be nice but il see if it really works. Anyway that's all my opinion forged from experience. So take it with an open mind cause everyone has different things that work for them. Happy growing and have a great year

Thanks so much for the advice I will have to look into it and you have a great new year as well

Im looking into using doc buds soil kit. Supposed to take a lot of the guess work out of the nutrients and make it a easy organic grow. Im still looking into it but seems awesome. He has a thread on here with a bunch of good info.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

ProMix Organic vegetable and herb mix.
Just plant your seed and water with tap water. It's ph balanced, has limestone and gypsum to buffer the ph and is nutrient enriched. Just plant and go.
You won't have to add anything but PK the second week of flower.
You can't mess it up with a standard 28-36 day veg and 57-64 day flower.
420-magazine-mobile269211234.jpg

Im looking into using doc buds soil kit. Supposed to take a lot of the guess work out of the nutrients and make it a easy organic grow. Im still looking into it but seems awesome. He has a thread on here with a bunch of good info.

Ive read great things about his kit and there is no denying it works. My only concern is since it takes all the guess work out of growing I wouldn't really be learning much on how to build a really good soil for high brix. Also you would really never learn what amendments to use and in what dosage to eventually build your own soil. I will probably end up getting his kit one day though. His results are awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm using Vermisoil and General Organics line of Nutes, new at this so I have no basis of comparison of something else as that is all I have tried/used so far.

Ive read great things about his kit and there is no denying it works. My only concern is since it takes all the guess work out of growing I wouldn't really be learning much on how to build a really good soil for high brix. Also you would really never learn what amendments to use and in what dosage to eventually build your own soil. I will probably end up getting his kit one day though. His results are awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Im with you, i would rather have a recipe to follow or a living organic soil to cultivate. Im interested in seeing what it can do though and have it give me a comparison to judge other soils by.

Since this was becoming such a big topic i started a new grow rooms 101 page on soil if you hop over there and answer those questions i would be greatly appricated i just wanna help people learn more about growing this amazing plants the page is called

Grow rooms 101 what's your soil

Since this was becoming such a big topic i started a new grow rooms 101 page on soil if you hop over there and answer those questions i would be greatly appricated i just wanna help people learn more about growing this amazing plants the page is called

Grow rooms 101 what's your soil
I dont know, im pretty high right now, hopping sounds like a lot of work. Lol j/k :passitleft:

I tried to just post a link to it but never showed up when I posted it

I have this same issue, i think it may be similar to pics and you need to post them on the website. Im still trying to figure out this temperamental app. :cheer:

Questions on promix isn't promix inert kinda like coco coir and which kind of promix do u use

There are several Pro Mix blends available here in Canada. It's quite popular here.
You could use ProMix HP if you wanted to add nutrients. It's very high drainage and runs similar to hydroponics at a ph between 5.5-6.5. HO is considered a soilless media.

I use the ProMix AP for seedling to young adult then repot to ProMix BX for the rest of the run.

Back
Top Bottom