Switching 12/12 to different time of day

sizz0e

Question: I'm needing to switch my 12/12 to a different time of day. I'm having a little bit of a overheating problem. It's not stressing the plant yet, but switching from 08:00-20:00hrs to 20:00-08:00hrs would allow me to control the humidity and heat a little better. I'm using a 2x2x4 tent, 300w LED wifi light, urban farmer 6" inline fan 240cfm. I just purchased a Apollo Horticulture 6" inline duct fan 340cfm, and VenTech 4" by 12" carbon filter. The high and low for the day in °F is 93°F/67°F. Humidity high and low is 33%/23%. Should I do it gradually or just change the time all together and let the plant get a one time 24hrs of dark? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The strain I'm growing is Gorilla Glue. Not sure if it's #1 or #4. And I'm about 26 days into flowering. I just wanna make sure my yield is enough to last still next harvest. When I get home I'll take some pics and post them. Here is a couple that are a week or so old.
420-magazine-mobile114994230.jpg
420-magazine-mobile754325445.jpg

The strain I'm growing is Gorilla Glue. Not sure if it's #1 or #4. And I'm about 26 days into flowering. I just wanna make sure my yield is enough to last still next harvest. When I get home I'll take some pics and post them. Here is a couple that are a week or so old.
420-magazine-mobile114994230.jpg
420-magazine-mobile754325445.jpg
I also have plenty or headroom if they stretch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well I think she started growing seeds since the heat was a bit high. You can kinda see them in this pic.
420-magazine-mobile867810213.jpg

Just make the time switch without concern for adapting. One day of dark will not have any adverse affects. It takes 3+ days of dark to 'convince' them there's a reason to adjust.

I grow in the night for the obvious reasons; heating and cooling.

Just make the time switch without concern for adapting. One day of dark will not have any adverse affects. It takes 3+ days of dark to 'convince' them there's a reason to adjust.

I grow in the night for the obvious reasons; heating and cooling.
Yeah, I did the switch in two days. Almost done with flowering, I'm in the low nutes flushing stage. Probably got about 2 more weeks. I have a bad infestation of fungus gnats, and all I've read about is topping the soil with playground sand. If so, wouldn't that filter out the little bit of solids in the feeding?

Thank a veteran.

Yeah, I did the switch in two days. Almost done with flowering, I'm in the low nutes flushing stage. Probably got about 2 more weeks. I have a bad infestation of fungus gnats, and all I've read about is topping the soil with playground sand. If so, wouldn't that filter out the little bit of solids in the feeding?

Thank a veteran.

I've had problems with those rascals before. If your only 2 weeks from harvest, you should just go for the quick kill. Topping the soil will help prevent new infestations but you need to kill the existing larvae. Any product with Spinosad as an active ingredient will kill them immediately.

I've had problems with those rascals before. If your only 2 weeks from harvest, you should just go for the quick kill. Topping the soil will help prevent new infestations but you need to kill the existing larvae. Any product with Spinosad as an active ingredient will kill them immediately.
Ok cool, right on man. I've been using an organocide, but recently just bought some bug killer. I apply the big killer right after I water and the water runs off. That about when I literally see my soil crawl.

Thank a veteran.

Well after about a week or two after I switched the 12/12 to nightly, I flushed last night and forgot to turn my lights on... now she's probably only going to get an hour and a half... might be time to chop her down.

Thank a veteran.

Slow down, don't do anything hasty. One day without light won't matter.
When to harvest should be based solely on maturity of the plant. Are 75% of the pistils reddish? If not, WAIT until they are.
Also, the plant needs time to process flushing. Give her a chance to use up any nutrient buildup...

Slow down, don't do anything hasty. One day without light won't matter.
When to harvest should be based solely on maturity of the plant. Are 75% of the pistils reddish? If not, WAIT until they are.
Not yet but pretty close. Probably about 50-60 of them are red. And the trichomes look fairly cloudy. Here's a couple pics... I'm still going to wait, cause I'm still flushing.
420-magazine-mobile1057839616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile302264326.jpg

Thank a veteran.

Thanks. Just chopped her yesterday. She hermied tho, found a couple seeds... :/ Probably due to heat stress.

Thank a veteran.

@sizzOe thanks for this info. I wasn't aware that heat could cause the plant to hermie. My temps during they day are between 83 and 91 degrees F

.Live , love , grow.

@sizzOe thanks for this info. I wasn't aware that heat could cause the plant to hermie. My temps during they day are between 83 and 91 degrees F

.Live , love , grow.
Yeah when they fluctuate a lot, like 30 degrees, she will hermie. And the seeds she'll produce will have the hermie gene, so not really usable. Heat and peaking on her during the dark period will do that. Just fyi.

Thank a veteran.

Nice. send me some vibs when you try her out.
Def will. Plan on using some to make eliquid. She didn't produce too much, cause at about 4 weeks I put her out in the desert, but it started getting cold, about 57°F. Probably why she hermied. I moved her inside and flowered her for 6 weeks.

Thank a veteran.

Back
Top Bottom