New guy with a dumb series of questions on nutrients

InbredEd

So im starting to set up a 6'x6' grow room and in all the reading ive done ive somehow failed to understand how nutrients are applied. For instance, i intend to use the tried and trued fox farm soils and nutrient trio. Ive read the feeing chart and ive read to start at half concentration until i learn what im doing. I get all that. But when i do add the nutrients, how much of the actual liquid do i use? If a dry plant going into flower usually gets say 3 quarts of water, how much of that is nute water? I get that the plants will tell me what they need and ph and blah blah. I just thing the subject has been missed as common sense. Well, there is always that guy.....

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

(If a dry plant going into flower usually gets say 3 quarts of water, how much of that is nute water?) All of it. You put the nutes in the water and then onto the plant.

I would mix up what I think I needed in a bucket of water that had been set out for at least 24hrs.

quart of dose for start is best infact almost 80% of people using internet to provide info will approve but it also depend on N P K in your fert for veg get close to more N in flowering P ,K are more important i think that's it sorry if im wrong

quart of dose for start is best infact almost 80% of people using internet to provide info will approve but it also depend on N P K in your fert for veg get close to more N in flowering P ,K are more important i think that's it sorry if im wrong

All of my research says the same thing. thank you sir

Fox farms feeding schedule says right on the schedule, you add your nutes to a gallon of water. If you wanna break it down, you'll have to convert gallons to tablespoons.

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

I used to wonder a lot about how much nute solution to give to the plants.
The main factor when feeding is nutrient concentration , as in tsp or ml/gallon or EC or ppm or however you measure it. Too strong and you burn your plants - too weak and you may have to feed more often or face hungry plants and deficiencies.
The other factor is how much of the mixed nute solution to add. I'm growing in soilless (peat moss/perlite) I saturate the growing medium when I fertilize.
I water the plant throughly beforehand, then add (very roughly) about one gallon of nute mix for each four gallons of growing medium. Since the medium is already saturated, the nute mix should wick evenly through the pot and force plenty of runoff out the bottom.
That's how I do it anyway- total nutrient saturation.

420-magazine-mobile541218975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile418748414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1289017526.jpg

Just hijacking your thread... Any ideas on whether I have a nutrient deficiency? I've just been using seasol every 2-4 days. Had a aphid bug infestation and treated her with eco-oil twice didn't water for 4 days as suggested.

Back
Top Bottom