Not sure when to harvest

Keir Stama

So this is my second attempt to complete a grow. My first try I had too many plants (3) in the same space I am growing just this one, pics to follow. Ultimately I had one of the 3 to hermie on me and I ended up pulling the plants early. The bud wasn't very potent and the flavor wasn't developed. I've let this one go longer and not sure when to pull her. I think she may have till the end of the month but was wondering if anyone this she needs longer.

Grow:
Organic soil
Worm castings
Organic compost triple 5 pellets during veg
Tiger bloom every third watering during flower.

Thanks
420-magazine-mobile783055621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1074555776.jpg
420-magazine-mobile947234729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1389621997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1212364232.jpg
420-magazine-mobile330811278.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

By looking at the pics, does anyone think I need to grow more than two more weeks?

Very curious- looks like you are using standard household led bulbs- which bulbs? Wattage and lumen output- wattage true and perceived.
Also, ever consider cutting the domes off? Really makes them bright as can be.
Ok question.
Did you only use led bulbs in your grow or additional supplemental light? How many, light schedule and how much time it took to veg/ flower. We have been trying to find some practical data in using led bulbs- just the household type, not the growing variety.

Incidentally, I would also be curious if that impeded your end results at all.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your info!

Looks great btw. I would lean toward the trichomes to determine when it's time to harvest and I wouldn't be surprised if the Hermie issue was a result of light stress. Maybe. Was there any other stress factors?

Thanks again!

Ok!! I just saw you have some side lighting- fluorescent- still want to know your set up!

Sent from mikeytv

I agree with Mikey, if you could look at the trichomes itll give you a better idea as to maturity. It appears as though shes still pushing out new white pistils so still has a little ways to go. She should swell up nicely in the last couple of weeks.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Very curious- looks like you are using standard household led bulbs- which bulbs? Wattage and lumen output- wattage true and perceived.
Also, ever consider cutting the domes off? Really makes them bright as can be.
Ok question.
Did you only use led bulbs in your grow or additional supplemental light? How many, light schedule and how much time it took to veg/ flower. We have been trying to find some practical data in using led bulbs- just the household type, not the growing variety.

Incidentally, I would also be curious if that impeded your end results at all.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your info!

Looks great btw. I would lean toward the trichomes to determine when it's time to harvest and I wouldn't be surprised if the Hermie issue was a result of light stress. Maybe. Was there any other stress factors?

Thanks again!

Ok!! I just saw you have some side lighting- fluorescent- still want to know your set up!

Sent from mikeytv
Thanks. So here is my setup. Keep in mind other than my soil and nutes, this is a low budget grow. I converted and old armour that was given to me into my grow box. So here it is...

Grow space - 3ftx3ftx2.5ft

Water - tap. I let it sit for at least 24 hours before watering. It's ph is 6.8-6.9

Flourecent-
2 1093 lumens 7800k 17w/75w

Led bulbs-
2 600 lumens 2700k 8.5w/60w
1 1700 lumens 5000k 16w/100w
1. 800 lumens. 5000k. 8.5/60w

This plant is a clone. It spent 5 weeks in veg. It has been in flower since mid Nov. By the end of January it should be between 75 and 80 days in flower.

My light meter says I am low and I plan on fixing that issue before the next plant goes in. I think the light is hendering the growth. I don't see the fullness of fan leaves during veg. I was told the seeds I was given were blue dream feminized, but I'm not so sure. The fan leaves of my plant and the ones I've seen on line don't really match up so I'm not sure what strain this is.

For veg I left the light on 24hrs. For flowering it is on a 12 on 12 off timer.

The hermied plant was stressed. I believe my soil had ph balance issue but I didn't know it could have been a light issue. Good to know that. I now have a ph meter to keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the help..

Very interesting. You are one of the few I have read that have used these household led bulbs. I also picked up a few of the high lumen led bulbs. I have used them as a supplement to my other lights so I didn't have a good assessment but i was able to saw off the bulb dome and the output is so much brighter, not sure if good or bad.
As for now, my problem was just sheer amount of lights I got to using. I guess one or two plants it's not as big an issue but even my 2 plant grow was limited at least in part due to light. Now I'm using mh/hps 400 w. Too much heat for your space but just sharing my own experience between the two.
I will say, cfl's- a bunch of them are quite effective in veg- early flower but to finish, you will just get less yield. Love trying to figure this stuff out!
Regardless, your girl look great! I look at every grow as a learning experience so each yield, whether big or small, is all good.

Nice work!

Sent from mikeytv

Thanks man. Yeah, it's been a learning experience over the past 9 months. This plant is really my 4th attempt and the best one yet. My last grow had three plants in that small space. Those, like I said, got pulled early. This girl is skimpy on the leaves but the buds are dense and she smells good.

I may try cutting the domes off of these. I have a lemon pie seed that was gifted to me and I just got it germinated and in the soil. I want to double my lights with splitters or maybe a new ficture with twice the lights.

I appreciate the compliments. I kind of treat this as a hobby and have come to enjoy watching these things grow.

It's been a little over a week and they are still progressing. I think the lack of light is slowing down the growth. Definitely going to use more lights for the next grow.
420-magazine-mobile613043647.jpg
420-magazine-mobile746584517.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2018199593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1288283617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1490556346.jpg
420-magazine-mobile7638514.jpg

I think she is getting to the end. I've gone three.days since the last watering. Will putting a little stress on her by lengthening the watering time force her to push out more tris?

420-magazine-mobile779665693.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1543437484.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2063174991.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822734301.jpg
420-magazine-mobile580099005.jpg

So check out the pics of the stems. That looks like new growth to me. I'm amazed an this little girl. It maybe taking long than I thought but she's still pushing out bud. I thought she would be done by the first.

Sorry

I took the pics with a 16 Mp camera so when I zoom in on them I can make out a lot of the tricomes and they still look clear. Not seeing any amber yet. Thanks for the input guys. It helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Those buds are still getting fatter. Compare these photos to what your plant will look like a week from now. You'll be glad you let her grow. Beautiful plant by the way!

420-magazine-mobile1654782552.jpg

So I added some socket splitters and 4 100w cfls. Trying to speed this up a bit. We are going into our 4th month of flower and I'm getting a little anxious. Only thing is the cfls raised the temp in my box by about 10 degrees so I had to move my fan closer to the intake hole in order to pull in cooler air. Seemed to work.

420-magazine-mobile1993119328.jpg
420-magazine-mobile888565764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1827786950.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1527741224.jpg

Leaves are turning yellow, probably from light burn? I have plans to build a dedicated room in my garage for growing. Hoping it will be ready for the next run. I have 5 beans soaking right now and would like to have it ready for them. Looking at a full red/blue led light or something else. I don't want to go hps though. To much electricity. Should be a better way than using all that energy. Thanks for the input guys. Any suggestions will be welcomed as I am still learning. Thanks

So I turned the lights off just now. Wednesday morning I will pull the girl and hang her for a awhile. I hope she's ready. Fingers crossed. Keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom