Best soil for indoor 400w HPS/MH small closet grow

Amphora420

im going to be starting my second grow soon .. a looking into another soil , im currently using ff ocean forest .. works great but im not a big fan of waiting 4-5 weeks between every transplant (2-3) which is almost my whole grow to add nutes without buring because it comes so hot ........ i've seen super soil online n am semi fimilair with soiless/coco which is also a option but really dont wanna spend hundreds of dollars to buy 10 things to mix up ... im not looing for a all in one soil just add water , because i have plenty of nutes i would like to use , but more of just 1 brand that is not soooo hot or even hot at all where i dont have to mix anything but maybe lime and clay pellets at first then to be able to start mt base nutes 2 weeks into germ ........ thankssssssss

Ye i hear ya about FFOF etc being to hot lots of comments about that over the years...

Well most peeps think they can a get bag of what ever pro growing medium & think they can germinate seeds in a final potting mix with out problems only to discover they get nutrient burn on their young plants.

Well bags of growing medium are design for stages of plant development what ya really need is some think for germination & early veg to which i may suggest Fox Farms Light Warrior which will have a lower nutrient count (EC or PPM) to prevent nutrient burn, start em off in this & few weeks later or so pot up into final pot size with the other growing medium.

Not that you really need to feed nutrients whilst in veg as most of these pro growing mediums will contain some form of nutrients with in them to last several weeks roughly & at best if ya like to feed em do it at reduce rate of suggested application !

Now i use fresh medium every grow these days i understand it has nutrients in it - i use BioBizz all mix which is a final potting mix, EC 2.2 that is pretty hot but the brand i use is classed as organic by various stuff but organic nutrients are less prone to give off nutrient burn over any medium with salt/synthetic nutrients in them.

I don't use grow/veg nutrients any more as the medium has most of it already in it & i really only use a micro nutrient feed whilst vegging.

Cool ... ya I noticed most people let the plant eat the soil for base veg ,then more pk / bloom boosters for flower .. they really don't explain this shit to beginners selling 3 part base nutes n hot ass soil "ff " .. ocean forest says 2 weeks to feed , but I swear I can probably go 1 month n still burn at 50% lol....

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cool ... ya I noticed most people let the plant eat the soil for base veg ,then more pk / bloom boosters for flower .. they really don't explain this shit to beginners selling 3 part base nutes n hot ass soil "ff " .. ocean forest says 2 weeks to feed , but I swear I can probably go 1 month n still burn at 50% lol.... but then again all strains/ environments are not the same so there's no right directions

I have had no problems using ffof in my 2 grows so far. I go 2 parts ffof, 1 part perlite. I just made sure first watering was just water and maybe some cal/mag. Soak it good. Then soak it again. I feel this takes away the "hot" part. Second watering I soak it again. This time I introduce my nutes at about half strength.
2 key things
1. Make sure you have that soil completely wet with no dry spots.
2.make sure it's dry befor you soak it again.
Just my 2 cents. So far I love this dirt.

Btw if your plant is new then no nutes required for a cpl weeks obviously. Soil has enough.
Fox farms nutes schedule for example says to start using their nutrients right away. Ignore that for a few weeks and let your seedlings and young plants enjoy the nutes that's already in the soil. Then start off your nutrient program at like week 3 or so of the Fox Farms nute sheet. They really should say something but they don't

Back
Top Bottom