Soil to coco coir?

M3GAtron711

First time grower here and was wondering if it would be alright to switch from soil to coco coir. What brands are the best? What should I use with it, etc. I started my babies in Miracle Grow Potting Mix. This was before I realized that using this soil was probably not a good idea from what I've read .. But my babies seem to be healthy and happy as of right now. But I figure when I transplant to my bigger pots I could switch my mediums. Or maybe/hopefully I could switch while in their cups so they can start getting used to it. I would love any feedback or advice as in this is my first grow ever. Hopefully I can switch because from what I've read it's good for beginner growers and very forgiving. Thanks so much!!!

☮️..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

DO IT...end of question

only my two cents (from most of what I been reading 2/3rd of the peeps here having issue are growing in soil)
I saw 1/2 dozen vids on youtube where peeps washed off all the soil and transfer to coco
saw the same thing with people washing off soil or coco and transferring to a DWC bucket

this plant is resilient, go for it dude!

On the other foot though, most people having issues with soil are using noots. Maybe using them to soon, like before the media/soil has expended iit's natural supply of that particular noot. Or just the wrong ones at the wrong time?

With soil..don't add noots till it looks like it needs something, and then add the right thing the soil ran out of

With Coco...you add everything the plant needs from Day1 to harvest by adding the right noots when needed, usually following a schedule (similar to soil, maybe, only if you understand what noots your soil composition will release and when they will run out and then need to be added)

DO IT...end of question

only my two cents (from most of what I been reading 2/3rd of the peeps here having issue are growing in soil)
I saw 1/2 dozen vids on youtube where peeps washed off all the soil and transfer to coco
saw the same thing with people washing off soil or coco and transferring to a DWC bucket

go for it dude!

420-magazine-mobile1501660094.jpg

These are the babies 1wk 3days

420-magazine-mobile667197578.jpg

Here they are today 1wk 5days
If you're wondering why the second plant has a shorter leaf . I found my cat being curious and nibbling on my leaf! . Hopefully this doesn't damage the plant to much.

420-magazine-mobile1501660094.jpg

These are the babies 1wk 3days

420-magazine-mobile667197578.jpg

Here they are today 1wk 5days
If you're wondering why the second plant has a shorter leaf . I found my cat being curious and nibbling on my leaf! . Hopefully this doesn't damage the plant to much.

420-magazine-mobile911586118.jpg

gotta love cats...Yeah, but not when those buds start to produce resin in late flower...Oh bad doo-doo, yeah talk'n about a hair magnet there!

My only advice, and I DON"T GROW in Soil, but see a lot of people that do and they say "don't add any noots...nothing! AND If you insist on adding noots anyway, just 1/4 strength and if it's that's not good enough then they won't live until you can re-pot them anyway

DO NOT repot them in COCO yet dude...let them get almost root bound in those cups with NO NOOTS, just WATER. It will seem like it's taking forever, but don't transplant to soon.

I guarantee they will do that with just 7.0 or thereabouts pH water.

Once they get almost root bound the root structure can take a lot more abuse than they ever could at this point. You won't even notice them skip a beat if you transplant them into a 70/30 mix of Coco/Perlight then.

Stick with just watering for now and watch some more grow-vidoes specifically on growing in YOUR soil media. You got a week or two before you decide to stick with soil or transplant to another media....IMHO

gotta love cats...Yeah, but not when those buds start to produce resin in late flower...Oh bad doo-doo, yeah talk'n about a hair magnet there!

Do you think my babies look alright for now? I'm in the process of getting a grow tent, more lights and other supplies so I can have a better area for them. Just needed to know if I could do the switch lol. Do you know of any good brands, reasonably priced and what else I need to use with the coco coir? I've seen people say to add perlite with is as well. Thanks so much ☮️

Honestly dude, I'm all n00b to. But yeah you doing fine...looking good

I read a lot and watch videos on youtube for 6 months before I decided on my grow media and before I ever bought ANY equipment.

I have two grow journals, linked below, both still "journals in progress" and only showing my current experience/methods using both Coco and DWC in same 4x4 Tent.

I couldn't be happier with my result so far, but I could still screw up and HERMIE these plants. Imean they weren't feminized seeds so those results remains to be seen.

But I love the way it's goig 4Me!

PS...shit get's expensive quick

a month in to MY OWN purchases I sort-of wondered if I shouldn't have just gotten the $1000 - COMPLETE GROW TENT KIT (that supposedly came with everything you need up-front for a complete seed-to-harvest 4x4 grow.

In the end I know I spent less and I still have stuff Itought I might need curently that is left-over for next time and I already got some alterations in mind

Honestly dude, I'm all n00b to. But yeah you doing fine...looking good

I read a lot and watch videos on youtube for 6 months before I decided on my grow media and before I ever bought ANY equipment.

I have two grow journals, linked below, both still "journals in progress" and only showing my current experience/methods using both Coco and DWC in same 4x4 Tent.

I couldn't be happier with my result so far, but I could still screw up and HERMIE these plants. Imean they weren't feminized seeds so those results remains to be seen.

But I love the way it's goig 4Me!

Thanks .. Yeah I'll take a look at your journals. Sounds like me lol constantly looking up shit, watching videos and doing research. I've gotten like all in to this and it's been super exciting seeing them from little seedlings to now sprouting leaves. I'm like a giddy school girl when I go to check on them haha

PS...shit get's expensive quick

a month in to MY OWN purchases I sort-of wondered if I shouldn't have just gotten the $1000 - COMPLETE GROW TENT KIT (that supposedly came with everything you need up-front for a complete seed-to-harvest 4x4 grow.

In the end I know I spent less and I still have stuff Itought I might need curently that is left-over for next time and I already got some alterations in mind

Oh yes! I've noticed this lol. But better to be safe than sorry huh at least you've got stuff for next time or in case you may need it now.

Back
Top Bottom