How many times can you reuse Pro Mix BX soil

Bobby Blunt

This is my second harvest, and I have been using the same Pro Mix BX soil "indoors" from start to finish on two grows.My plants look good, both grows, I just want feed back from anyone who has worked with this soil and how many times can reuse it.

No,
The only thing in this is anti mold ingredient and pearl lite no fertilizer, you add that as you go along with your nutes and I always add extra pearl lite.

Use it once and dispose of it.
Something about the the fragmented leftover roots not breaking down and decomposing from the first use may be bad and contaminate your new plantings.
Read about it a few times a while back and do not remember the exact reason, but it made sense at the time.
I had the same question and after doing some research I then adopted a one use only policy afterwards. I could be wrong, but where are so many things that can go wrong during a grow, why risk it?
It takes so long and a fair amount of cash to grow and I would hate to lose my crop two months into a grow.
There is a method for reusing the growing medium and breaking down the remaining root fragments though.
Good luck and Happy growing
I use the ProMix HP CC (chunk coconut choir) with Mycorrhiza as a growing media. It is not soil, it is a hydroponic growing medium that retains the moisture but not the nutrients. The nutrients which are used go to feeding the roots and are not retained in the ProMix medium. Or so I have read.

Back
Top Bottom