Curious about yields

flatlander77

Just curious what this lil bud would make dry. Total newbie coming up near the end of my first grow
420-magazine-mobile90328976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No idea what to expect or what to watch for er notta. I got a magnifying glass to watch trichome colour

Right now it looks like you might get a joint out of it and it is to early to be any good.

But it has a while to go before it will be done and it should get much bigger.

Make sure it is getting good light.

It's one that I shoulda probably cut off during week 3 trim... so it's like a foot below the canopy but it's one of the original branches so thought I would keep it. It's pushing out new leaves in week 7. Temperature swings or to much nitrogen I think but not sure. Sativa just do that is another article I read, saying you have to cut the light back to as little as 8 hours on per day. Unsure about that idea.... the new growth seems to be fluffing out normally?? I'm a total newbie here tho so just fishing for info

What strain is it. Looks a little bit Thai.
You probably have another 5 weeks or so to go. At least thats what I would do if it was my plant.
Maybe a very small joint.
The lower buds develop just fine as long as you leave them long enough. :thumb:

I had got some tuna can weed like 6 years ago and there was a few seeds in it that I kept. I germinated 4 but they all died and then I just plucked the seed in dirt. Popped out like 4-6 days later. Didn't pay attention, didn't care/busy with work. Didn't intend on growing but then it took off.
420-magazine-mobile1658841788.jpg
4 months old, 7 weeks into 12/12 ( it's been on 11/13 the last few days since my reveg problem... )

Longest way ever to say it's a bagseed. Topped twice and supercropped like 5-6 times and then week 3 flowering it got its final LST to rock the flat canopy but now on day 43 it started growing new leaves and now I'm noticing buds getting taller. This doesn't seem normal. Like fox tailing maybe?

Well- it's always hard to really give firm advice from a picture on my phone screen. But I'll just go with my guts kind of. I grow a few sativas, among them a couple Thais which I've grown for a couple years, and some Thai crosses. Yours looks like one of my Thai plants. I'll drift off to imaginary-land here and pretend for a minute that your plant is mine... and this is what I would say if it was my own Thai plant in front of me
It's at 6+ weeks. It's at its main fattening up stage. The Thai buds get very pointy at this time, and can get a bit ridiculous looking. To me they always look a bit like a wasp's ass. I sometimes snip the tips of some of the buds around this time, to create stubby shaped buds. (Some call this 'back building'). Foxtails are common in late flowering. Expect more.
I figure I have another five or maybe six weeks to go from here. I'll wind down the feed starting after the next one decreasing by about 1/3 each week. The last couple weeks I feed at about 10% of normal flowering nutes, or else just go with water only, depending how green looking the plant is.

Just ignore all this if it doesn't ring true with what you're seeing.
What does she smell like?

Grapefruit for a normal smell but if I'm messing around with her and checking stuff out ( touching it ) it's got a super pungent fruity smell but not as much like grapefruit. Hard to explain. I'll think of a way to put a smell into words but def a fruity smell.

Another 6 weeks hey. I wondered about that. Big change from week 5 to week 7
420-magazine-mobile1588225973.jpg
420-magazine-mobile262144720.jpg
so if it wants get bigger then yay!! Screws my schedule so I'll have to buy more lights. Oh well. Upgrading soon so kw/h should even out.

420-magazine-mobile1226574969.jpg
these are the leaves I'm worried about. I'm at a loss here. Should I worry?

Screwed up a feeding and it got a double dose of 18-18-21 into its reservoir ( its grown in an 18 gallon aerated earthbox, 4 gallon ish reservoir ) I read this can happen with to high of nitrogen levels this late into flower with sativa

That yellow flower is a different plant. ( experimenting with something, I'll post a pic if interested, )

Take it all with a grain of salt. I could be off base. There's no way for me to know for sure based on a guesses and photos.
Yes - more light won't hurt.
Those leaves look like some sort of reveg thing. The plant could be past it now and budding normally though.

No it's pretty much what I thought to and then the plant switched gears but then slowed down idk. Maybe it's just doin it's thing and since no yellowing or wilting etc. I just need to " grow " some patience. Har har har. Lol. Lots riding on this first once. If I get under 5 ounces I'll be disappointed.

No light interruptions so far. I wanted to switch my nights and days but decided I made it this far. Went from +1 Celsius to -20celcius here so not sure what the temps will be in there this morning. 8 more minutes till it wakes up ( 7:30-6:30 )

Back
Top Bottom