Is my tap water good enough?

shaneco

Hey All,

Bit of back story. First time grower. Growing in soil in a 4x4 tent. Soil is Oregon's Only #4. Even with the small number of plants I have, watering has become a bit too time consuming. I've been buying gallon jugs of Distilled water (struggling to find R/O locally) and eventually plan to install a R/O system here at the house, once funds permit it.

In the meantime, I'm hoping I can get by with our tap water. Overall, the quality looks good to my naive eye, but wanted to get others opinions on if this is good enough for the time being.

Here are the readings from my bluelab combo meter:
PH: 7.6
PPM 500: 60
PPM 700: 70
EC: 0.1

I've read up on using tap water, and understand that I need to let it sit out to allow the chlorine to dissipate. I will also adjust the PH after nuts. I have a 55 gallon water drum and 1/6 HP sub pump that I will use to store and move the tap water.

Please let me know your thoughts.

If you can drink your tap water then so can your plants. If you adjust your PH respectively you should not have any problems.

Hey shaneco. As Gardenseed mentioned; just adjust your PH respectively and your plants will be fine. It is good to add nutrients 24 hours before usage for more accurate readings and better plant structure development. I'm curious- are you using their nectar for the gods line as well? Now you have a friend in the grow journal! :yummy:

Hey shaneco. As Gardenseed mentioned; just adjust your PH respectively and your plants will be fine. It is good to add nutrients 24 hours before usage for more accurate readings and better plant structure development. I'm curious- are you using their nectar for the gods line as well? Now you have a friend in the grow journal! :yummy:

Thanks for the response. As this was a while back, I've just recently successfully harvested my first crop and I am thrilled with the result. 23oz off the 6 girls under the timber grow lights 600 watt Vero COB LED setup.

Tap water was not an issue at all. I fill a 55 gallon drum about 80% full with tap and let the chlorine dissipate from there for at least 24 hours. I mix up nutrient solution in 5 gallon buckets, PH to 6.4, and use a shower head attached to a hose attached to a 1/6 HP pump to do the actual watering. I use flood tables to catch the run off and vaccum up the run off with a shop vac. All and all, the process is pretty easy and seems to work well.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention, yes I do use the Necter for the Gods line. I used the 6 products that come in the sample pack and have been really happy with the result. I've had to repurchase all 6 products, including a full gallon of herculean harvest, but it grows some really nice plants.

Back
Top Bottom