Nute injections to stem with syringe?

Does injecting plants directly with a syringe help it get extra nutrients?

• Yes, The plant will benefit from it and grow bigger then normal?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, The plant wont benefit from it and it will cause it more harm then good.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I will not make a difference.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gardenseed

I performed this experiment on my 2nd grow. After the plants were into there 3rd week of flowering I was worried my 3L pots were to small. Having done allot of reading and research I determined that to have a great crop, everything pointed to the plant having access to water and nutes when it needs without drowning the roots or burning the plant with over feeding. After contemplating for some time. I injected a week solution into the main steam. It was delicate work and with some practice and patience i was capable of injecting my babies directly with nute solution. It was fairly easy to get the liquid injection into the Afghani strain as it grows tall and the middle of the stem is nice and hollow. The kush was almost impossible to inject.

I did not perform a controlled experiment so my results are inconclusive but I ended up with the biggest buds ever.
However I will be testing this theory again under very controlled circumstances.

I'm curious to find out if there's been any scientific or mad scientist research on this.

I have heard of piercing the stem before never injecting can't wait to see what results are like in a controlled experiment

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pretty interesting! I myself just started growing and acquiring knowledge, but could injecting be beneficial in distributing immobile nutrients throughout a plant to correct a deficiency? I do agree with Bonger said about a plant with a good pH being able to get what it needs, so unless this had advantageous yields I don't know if it would make sense. Especially since it would be less harmful to just water or foliar feed nutes instead.

I would be interested to see how it compares to foliar feeding to treat acute symptoms of deficiencies, as well as to increase yields all else constant.

Back
Top Bottom