Soil

byford420

What's the best grow medium as far as soils goes? Looking for something widely carried and inexpensive

Nuclear engineer grad with a green thumb

Dr earth and ffof are two that are cheap and found at either Wal-Mart or home depot

wake nd medicate

I'm using Happy Frog by Fox Farms. It was reasonably priced, as long as they have it near you that's all that matters right? I think at around the 1 - 2 month period for soil grows you'll need to supplement with nutes. Moderation is key.

Hey you're a nuclear engineer? What kinda lighting system you got...?

I may be a nuclear engineer but I'm an idiot when it comes to lighting. I currently have an old shop light with t5 grow bulbs in them and another full spectrum led. I'm not sure what to use. I'm thinking cfl usage but don't know if I should use soft white or a daylight bulb?

Chemist studying to be a nuclear engineer with a green thumb

T5's seem to be the thing these days. I've been telling people there is nothing wrong with LED lighting. If it's good enough for my reef tank then it's good enough for cannabis.

IMG_75135.JPG

I'm not wanting to spend a lot on lighting but still want to get a decent harvest. Sadly my first plants are dying. I didn't have the right light setup and they're still sprouts even tho they're almost 7 weeks old.

Chemist studying to be a nuclear engineer with a green thumb

I can only share my experience with you. Corals are not easy things to keep alive and I've had them under LED's. Some of them are 4 years old. If the lights weren't good the corals would die. I can understand wanting to save money. Do an experiment. Order one of those cheap LED grow lights from Amazon, they're $30.00. Grow one plant with that light, if it works you have your answer, if it doesn't your out a little money and some time, but you've learned along the way. You're a scientist man... do an experiment!!!

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom