Please help

Johnny Crack

Hi, im growing unknown strains in mg potting soil. 6 23 watt cfls about 3 inches from babies. Just giving tap water, im not sure of the PH i need a meter.
420-magazine-mobile2004320371.jpg
could this be a deficiency? A burn?

hard to say from that pic ... it makes me think of light lensing but i dont believe that works well with cfl heh... or maybe splash burn but with just tapwater seems unlikely either...

can you take a closer,clearer more focused pic of the leaves ?

try to check your ph that or overwatering are the most common problemcausers with seedlings

pt

edit: if it grew into a bulb it can be heatburn to

Hey nice to meet you!!
Do you have drainage holes cut into the bottom of those solo cups. ?
Second. He those things out of the miracle grow potting soil it is awful and will fuck your grow up.
You should start with some pro mix. Which you can buy and any local nursery or Lowe's home Depot etc. Buy some perlite and mix I. About about 40-50% mix of the promix perlite. . Once you do this your plants will be much much much happier . Get some basic nutes to feed them because the promix perlite don't have any nutes in them.
I would recommend advanced nutrients sensi grow a+b. It's inexpensive and get be had on Amazon . Your looking at spending about $100 bucks. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, yesterday a light did fall on them :( caused this damage
420-magazine-mobile1041486339.jpg
but it wasnt touching the other one. I have heard such things about mg and I am planning on taking the perlite pro mix advice.

I do have drainage holes and i purchased a 12-0-0 jobes organics bloodmeal along with 4-4-4 jobes organics all purpose. Good idea to mix these two for veg? If so, can i feed granular nutes through water?

No you don't want to give and granular or time released nutrients . . Another thing your seedlings a very very long . You need to gently dig them up and replant them. Deep in the soil . I would replant them all the down to almost the colytkns .

man, Im sorry to hear about the light falling. That sucks. Looks like you could just fill that cup back up all the way to the top and she might live. IDK... And I agree with ^^^ If at all possible. Dont use MG.. Iv done it and harvested ok plants outside before but you will do much better with something else.

All good answers. If you want to go a little cheaper for your first grow, here is some things to get. All this you can get at your local Wallyworld. Soil: Just Naturals potting mix with worm castings <$7. Aeration: perlite <$5. Root hormone: True root <$5. Order an $11 digital ph meter on amazon. That's it. There is enough woorm casting in the soil to feed your plant up to flower. Test this hobby with these inexpensive but good products and then move on to the more expensive stuff once you've worked out the bugs. Getting your water to the correct ph is critical like the others have said. I went through three whole grows before I finally got that through my thick head. Lol. Once you get the basics and want to move to more specialty products, I would encourage you to look at the sponsors page for some good products. Subbed

Thanks man, Ill take the advice and grab some perlite and worm castings tm morning. Also won't forget the ph meter. Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of reputation 1000bulbs.com has? I was thinking of ordering some 125 watt cfls but I have trust issues with online shopping.

Thanks man, Ill take the advice and grab some perlite and worm castings tm morning. Also won't forget the ph meter. Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of reputation 1000bulbs.com has? I was thinking of ordering some 125 watt cfls but I have trust issues with online shopping.
I ordered all my stuff from amazon with no problems.

There are all sorts of natural ways to lower or raise your ph. If you are using tap water the ph will probably be high. Any acidic juice will lower the ph of water but it take a lot per gallon and it can be messy. I have found that a bottle of ph down purchased just about any store or online retailer will sell for less than $20. I bought my bottle before my most recent grow and it has done wonders for my plants. I only put like three drops per gallon in my water. 7.5 before three drops and 6.3 to 6.0 after . Right in range. Check out the sponsors page and see what they offer.

New Grow -.New Light - New Room

I ordered all mine through Amazon also.

Go to Home Depot you can usually find cheap CFL's or Home LED's and that will work great! Be sure to use the 6500-5000k for Veg and 2700k for flowering or a mixture of the 2 would work even better so 2-6500k to every 1-2700k either CFL or LED will work great the CFL's you want to keep as close as possible without touching the plant and the Home style LED you would keep say 18" away !!! You should definitely get a ph meter or the Liquid PH test kit!!!! Hope that helps a little!! Liv-Love-Learn

Go to Home Depot you can usually find cheap CFL's or Home LED's and that will work great! Be sure to use the 6500-5000k for Veg and 2700k for flowering or a mixture of the 2 would work even better so 2-6500k to every 1-2700k either CFL or LED will work great the CFL's you want to keep as close as possible without touching the plant and the Home style LED you would keep say 18" away !!! You should definitely get a ph meter or the Liquid PH test kit!!!! Hope that helps a little!! Liv-Love-Learn
Curious as to why a home style led would have to be 18" ? Or is that a brand lol, sorry. I have a few 5000k daylight bulbs that get mildly warm, you can touch them no problem if they've been on all night. I keep them around for general house use and low wattage (10.5)

420-magazine-mobile1033423524.jpg
I see i should transplant this one soon. Being a newbie i dont have any soil cooked. I got premier triple mix (peat,compost,humus) , perlite , and bloodmeal. Is this mix to hot to skip the cooking process? I read something about using tea?

If you don't put them at least 18" away they will burn your plants I don't know why to be exact but from experience that's what happened plus the put off a lot of heat to much to be a 1" away like CFL's. Home brand LED's are what I call the ones they sell at Home Depot that go in your house 18w = 100w incandescent or someshit. Good luck if you got anymore questions just ask someone will help you for sure!!!! Live-Love-Learn

420-magazine-mobile1033423524.jpg
I see i should transplant this one soon. Being a newbie i dont have any soil cooked. I got premier triple mix (peat,compost,humus) , perlite , and bloodmeal. Is this mix to hot to skip the cooking process? I read something about using tea?

Do not use tea!!!! Lol when you see "Tea" they are talking about a mixture of different Neutrients into a gallon of water they don't mean go get some Arizona tea and pour it on your plants !!!! Live-Love-Learn

Back
Top Bottom