First grow just transplanted into bigger pots

Gamerdad2017

Seedlings are on day 14, I used miracle grow when i first started but have transplanted into bio mix light. I think i might have over watered them yesterday because I noticed some leaves had little yellow dots.
The soil was still wet from the little pots so I'm thinking better not to water it now and let the new soil absorb the water. My hid lights will stay dimmed to 250 watt and 20 inches away.
Should I water them tomorrow? And when should I start with nutrients?
420-magazine-mobile1474321864.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1323898820.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1793893953.jpg

You need to get a feel for your pot weight dry. After you water again,pick up the pot and get a feel for the difference between soaked and dry soil. Only water when your soil is dry-ish. Depending on the pot size, plant mass,room environment and how much you watered in general will determine how long your medium takes to absorb all the water. Overwatering is so easy to do.

I transplanted from a large cup into a 4 gallon bucket. I didn't water afterwards and the moisture already in the soil kept the plants fed for a good 3 weeks. That's why you'll see over-watering being the most common issue new growers are warned about. Later on plants will need to be watered more often. I follow the rule of when in doubt, don't water.

The bottom leaves of the bubblegum strain has yellow spots and yellow tips but the rest of the plant seems fine. They appeared before I transplanted, I hope it's nothing bad.

I would make sure the pH is right. Shouldn't need nutes while they are this small. The edges on the leaves in the last picture look like a high heat/low humidity issue to me. If you can get the humidity around 50 you'll see much faster growth. If i'm reading 33.3 Celsius correctly then that is way too high. Temps should be between 18 to 29 Celsius. Ideally around 23 Celsius.

I would make sure the pH is right. Shouldn't need nutes while they are this small. The edges on the leaves in the last picture look like a high heat/low humidity issue to me. If you can get the humidity around 50 you'll see much faster growth. If i'm reading 33.3 Celsius correctly then that is way too high. Temps should be between 18 to 29 Celsius. Ideally around 23 Celsius.

420-magazine-mobile1085249419.jpg

A small 1 gallon humidifier can help. I use a ducting setup intake by a window to cool things down. I'm legal so it's not a worry for me if someone peaks into my window. The ducting setup only cost me about 35 us dollars on amazon. I'd take care of the heat issue asap if i were you.

Back
Top Bottom