New leaves?

Jdub95

Hey guys I just wanted to say that after all these problems I've been having I can finally see some progress. Idk how this happened but I got calmag yesterday made the bottle and phed it and feed them and I just went To check on them and there not like any leaf I've seen my plant make so far it finally looks like the fan leaf that you always see here is what I'm talking about
420-magazine-mobile415473409.jpg
420-magazine-mobile649260525.jpg
this is what it looked like before I fed it last night the ph of water was super shocking it was
420-magazine-mobile1820859739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile12075191.jpg
and the ph of the tiger feed trio was this however my ph scale reader says that ph is at about an 8? Should I get a better meter?
420-magazine-mobile339503516.jpg
super glad I've put this effort in to see that it's a girl (see pic above )
420-magazine-mobile482706851.jpg
this is the pic a week or 2 ago and as you can see it doesn't look like a super huge fan leaf but in the first pic the plant must have liked what I gave it ( calmag and week 4 of tiger nut) I'm also going to be germinating some seeds I finally got
420-magazine-mobile628211425.jpg
2 seeds plus one freebie I have no idea about which one to choose but the biggest thing I want to see is that this new set of fan leaves don't turn light green then yellow In about a week or two if that doesn't happen then I will feel very happy about growing this new seed. Happy growing guys! .

So just an update
420-magazine-mobile720378172.jpg
this is the plant now. A little concerned that the nodes are too close together
420-magazine-mobile2098980424.jpg
also cut these bottom leaves off for airation around the soil and they were starting to sag so I cut them off this morning
420-magazine-mobile1110442437.jpg
the total bight of the plant in week 8-9 now of veg is about 6 in till it really sucks that it's growing this way but it's my first grow so I know nothing will be perfect also I've noticed after I fed it with fox farm nut that I think this is nut burn
420-magazine-mobile2073473538.jpg
so Tuesday I fed it and tester I just watered a little to keep it damp and today I watered it a little more all with just ph water and calmag last week when I checked the soil ph it was 5.1 and today when I checked it was 5.0 so maybe I won't ph this water just to get it to go up a little or does that sound like a bad idea ?
420-magazine-mobile1864843628.jpg
also got a inline fan and extraction fan because Temps were up to 93 degrees
420-magazine-mobile1775339327.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2087223793.jpg
and today I made sure the light was at 12 inches from the soil to the light or is it supposed to be 12 in from the top of the plant ? All info is appreciated

So I thought I nut burned my plants so I switched the soil also because befote I got my pH meter I doused it with pH Down and the soil pH has been bad ever since so yesterday I switched the soil. Also did this to check if the plant was root biund. Not exactly sure what size this pot is but I got a 5 gallon for later in flowering
420-magazine-mobile1492520879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile660838617.jpg
after I took her out of the pot. I just day that I has to use a spoon to dig out the rest of the soil because it was so hard to get soio out with hands
420-magazine-mobile1680485586.jpg
here's my setup Incase your wondering
420-magazine-mobile1319576539.jpg
made a new jug for watering
420-magazine-mobile347084635.jpg
she was leaning a little after transplant so
420-magazine-mobile475603411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile571983361.jpg
I added a skewer so straighten it out this is the morning after and man I must say that I noticed a huge difference but I still see some fan leaves that are getting bigger starting to turn brown I guess I have to wait and see what I can flush it with until all the salts are gone. And until then I'm just giving it plain tap water not even phed becuSe my water is about 7.0-7.3

So I thought I nut burned my plants so I switched the soil also because befote I got my pH meter I doused it with pH Down and the soil pH has been bad ever since so yesterday I switched the soil. Also did this to check if the plant was root biund. Not exactly sure what size this pot is but I got a 5 gallon for later in flowering
420-magazine-mobile1492520879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile660838617.jpg
after I took her out of the pot. I just day that I has to use a spoon to dig out the rest of the soil because it was so hard to get soio out with hands
420-magazine-mobile1680485586.jpg
here's my setup Incase your wondering
420-magazine-mobile1319576539.jpg
made a new jug for watering
420-magazine-mobile347084635.jpg
she was leaning a little after transplant so
420-magazine-mobile475603411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile571983361.jpg
I added a skewer so straighten it out this is the morning after and man I must say that I noticed a huge difference but I still see some fan leaves that are getting bigger starting to turn brown I guess I have to wait and see what I can flush it with until all the salts are gone. And until then I'm just giving it plain tap water not even phed becuSe my water is about 7.0-7.3

Is that plant grown from seed or was it from a cutting/clone? I'm not sure what's going on but magnesium deficiency was present in your old leaves, the thing is you probably don't actually have a mag deficiency the soil probably contains plenty, especially after you've added calmag. I think your issue is magnesium being locked out by incorrect ph. Once ph drops or rises above a certain level the plant cannot absorb the magnesium no matter how much you throw at it, this will manifest itself as a deficiency when in fact you just need to correct ph. I also noticed some of the new inner branch growth was curled/clawed and very dark green which looks like nitrogen toxicity or in simple terms too much nutrient feeding. I'd ease of nutrients and buy some dolomite lime to buffer your soil ph. Adding lime to the soil will help keep ph optimal meaning all nutrients can be absorbed by the plants. Back of nutrients, sort out your ph and observe new growth for signs of improvement. If all else fails germinate a new batch of seeds and try again.

I'm a super new grower my self..
so I'm not to sure how I could help you , but I must say every thing kushgod said sounded good to me,
Dark leaves to much nitrogen /nutes
And the yellow on the lower (older) leaves in between the veins is a mag deficiency.
Oh and u never mentioned anything out a Ppm reading !??
I see your water in a milk jug , is that tap water or ro?
Because you tap may be hard water ..
but I'm not sure like I said I'm a newbie

Back
Top Bottom