Sodium in water

Waspfactory

Just moved to a new house and part of the inspection process is a to do a water test. Everything looks good except for the sodium levels which are 33mg/L seem a bit high
Is this too much for a cannabis plant. So far I've been using bottle water. I'll been using soil for the grow.

Thank you

That's quite high. "Normal" tap water should be under 20mg/L. Do you have a water softener? Are you using well water?
Best to use a water filter to get that salt content lower. Try flushing the pipes and take another measurement after running the water for 45minutes-1hr. See if there is a change in NaCl levels.

Thank you Canresearcher we just have well water, with out a water softener. I will try to have another test done and in the meantime keep on using bottled water. What kind of filter do you recommend to lower salt content.

Hmm.... well there are a few filters on the market that can get rid of Na+.
A water filter such as the one in the link below can get rid of 94-98% of the sodium in water. The filter isn't cheap.
AP-RO5500 - Aqua Pure Water Filters & Systems

Another way is to homebrew a stil by heating the water and collecting pure H2O that condenses on the cooler end of the stil.

Back
Top Bottom