PH and PPM drop before using nutes

Klaatu

420 Member
I'm using FFOF soil in 3- 5 gal. buckets
strain is Pure Power Plant sativa dom.
R.O. water, GH flora Trio (yes I know they're hydro nutes but they CAN be used in soil) but after this grow, I'm switching to Fox Farm nutes. I also use Cal/Mag 1 tsp. per gal. and Hydroguard, as well as a little Hydrogen peroxide.
4' X 4' X 7' tent
600 W

I made up my nutes with ro and PHed it to 6.5, but I waited till the next day to feed them. I thought it might be a good idea to check the PH and PPM again before using the nutes. I was suprised to see the PH at 5.5 and the PPM that was at 900 is now 735?
What's the story, should I just raise the PH and use the nutes?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I'm a new grower as well, but the FF nutes are also hydro are they not?(not that this is a "bad" thing, it's a choice between making your own organic soil or using a soilless soil and using hydro nutes)

Anyways, pretty sure it's common for PH levels to change in water over a period of time which is why you should always PH balance it before feeding your babies, personally no idea on the basics of R.O water since I just use tap water, but I believe oxygen itself can change the PH of water. Basically get your water set aside, add nutes let it sit for a bit then PH balance it every time before you feed is my understanding

I'm not sure you really need to PPM everything buddy...I mean, I've been growing every year for decades, live and learn you know. I use to run into plant issues...this would go wrong, that would go wrong but nothing too bad. Once I started to pH my water/nutrient supply, and follow any of the brand name nutrient programs (they all work fine), keep the temperature at a good level and humidity and you'll do fine. You guys are turning growing a weed into rocket science or something. Pot plants are hardy plants, they will adapt, but seriously though, if you keep the pH of your feed (water + nutrients) between 6.2 & 6.7, you'll do fine. Of course topping, pinching and fimming during vegetative state is important so you'll have a hundred headed monster instead of two or three colas...just train the bitches before you trick them into buds.

I'm not sure you really need to PPM everything buddy...I mean, I've been growing every year for decades, live and learn you know. I use to run into plant issues...this would go wrong, that would go wrong but nothing too bad. Once I started to pH my water/nutrient supply, and follow any of the brand name nutrient programs (they all work fine), keep the temperature at a good level and humidity and you'll do fine. You guys are turning growing a weed into rocket science or something. Pot plants are hardy plants, they will adapt, but seriously though, if you keep the pH of your feed (water + nutrients) between 6.2 & 6.7, you'll do fine. Of course topping, pinching and fimming during vegetative state is important so you'll have a hundred headed monster instead of two or three colas...just train the bitches before you trick them into buds.
Hey @StLucifer hope you are well my friend.
Unfortunately that thread is 2017 and you may not get a reply.
Date is in top left corner.
How is your garden doing this year?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom