Opinions on Farard Tropical Plant mix

Hobby420

Hey All,

I have been growing for a while now and have always used the same mix "Mykes Organic" but it has been discontinued FFS! The thing I liked about that mix is it was certified organic and the only nutrients in it came from compost. I found a mix by Farard called Tropical Plant. Have any of you ever used it? How did it work? The ingredients looked great and it too is certified organic.

Thanks and happy growing!

H420

Well, it looks like this soil is not being used. I am using it now, and will give you a little review. The soil is a mix of chicken manure, coco coir, peat, perlite and sand. Probably because of the sand, it is much heavier than my previous soil. I mixed it with 3 litres of perlite per 25 litre bag as I never feel the premixed soil has enough. I started using it right from the start and the babies seemed to love it. I only watered the soil right up to the point I transplanted the girls into their final home, 7 gal fiber pots. There were a few flies but I truly don't know if it came from the soil or a small hole I found where the wiring came through the room wall but, I fixed the hole, put a layer of diatomaceous earth over the top of the soil and set a few traps. Caught 7 flies in the traps and haven't seen another fly in over two week. I am now watering every 4 days and found that I am using less water (to run off) than my previous soil by at least 2 litres per 7 gal pot!

So, if you are looking for a soil, I would recommend this soil and I will use it again. Below are some pics of the girls at different stages of their grow. The last pic is of day 30.

IMG_20170827_162646.jpg
IMG_20170907_194731.jpg
IMG_20170914_194351.jpg

Happy growing!

H420

I see there are still some people dropping by to check out this thread so... here is a pic of my girls. They are 13 days apart and the second one is one week into flower. They grew 12 inches in 13 days. In keeping with this thread, this is fantastic soil!!! I would recommend to anyone!
September 27th
IMG_20170927_2006081.jpg

October 11th
IMG_20171010_191319.jpg

H420

Back
Top Bottom