Autoflowers from 12/12 to 18/6 or 20/4

miki9009

Hello, pretty easy question here, just couldn't find an answer by googling or maybe I googled with wrong terms.

Anyways, I have 4 photoperiod plants currently in flower at 6 weeks. I've planted 2 autoflowers in the same grow room at 12/12 lights and I was planning on putting the lights to 18/6 to increase yields after I harvest my photo plants in a month or so.

The question is, should I expect any drawbacks from switching the lights after they've grown for over a month in 12/12 or should it go smoothly with no changes on the plants except for faster growth?

I'm using a 400w HPS bulb in a 80x80x160 tent, the 2 autoflower strains are Mexican Airlines and Green Crack and I'm also going to add another seed in a week or so. Not sure if these specs help or change anything.

So if you start autos at 12/12 or switch then to 12/12 ,they will start to flower faster than they would if they were left on 18/6 so your yields will be lessened right off the bat. Another drawback will be the stress from going from going 12/12-18/6 so will they survive and be healthy for the most part if nothing else goes wrong, yes. Will they reach their full potential probably not.

So if you start autos at 12/12 or switch then to 12/12 ,they will start to flower faster than they would if they were left on 18/6 so your yields will be lessened right off the bat. Another drawback will be the stress from going from going 12/12-18/6 so will they survive and be healthy for the most part if nothing else goes wrong, yes. Will they reach their full potential probably not.

Thanks for the reply. So aside from the obvious lesser yield, there should be nothing to worry about because the plants are looking healthy and so on.

Yeah I mean they're resilient beasts. The autos are a little more fragile because their vegetative and flowering cycles are different and require different amounts of nutrients and energy so yeah I think they will be fine.

Hello, pretty easy question here, just couldn't find an answer by googling or maybe I googled with wrong terms.

Anyways, I have 4 photoperiod plants currently in flower at 6 weeks. I've planted 2 autoflowers in the same grow room at 12/12 lights and I was planning on putting the lights to 18/6 to increase yields after I harvest my photo plants in a month or so.

The question is, should I expect any drawbacks from switching the lights after they've grown for over a month in 12/12 or should it go smoothly with no changes on the plants except for faster growth?

I'm using a 400w HPS bulb in a 80x80x160 tent, the 2 autoflower strains are Mexican Airlines and Green Crack and I'm also going to add another seed in a week or so. Not sure if these specs help or change anything.
did you ever end up doing this, I want to do the exact same thing?

Back
Top Bottom