Outdoor To Indoor - Help Needed

Pastel12

420 Member
So my dad threw a few seeds in a regular pot of soil and left it outside on his deck. Of course with his luck it sprouted and has since been vegging with no nutes, only water.
Here's the problem...
It is soon gonna start smelling and also get too tall to be outside on his deck. It needs to come inside....
I have a perfectly set up grow room inside, 600w air cooled room but I have been using dwc method. So all my nutes are GH hydroponic nutes. I've read up enough to know I can use my GH nutes in soil but the problem is I have NO clue what week this thing is on. When I bring it inside I will be shifting to 12/12 but I am obviously worried i'm gonna kill this thing.
1. I've never grown soil
2. I don't want to chem burn it or under feed it
Strain: Grape god / fem

This is what happened to me this past summer. I threw some seeds in a couple of old hanging plant flower pots just for the fun of it and after about 4-5 weeks they were growing pretty well. I ended up buying two indoor tents and kept them in veg for a long time as I saved up for a light to put in the flower tent. I had some hydro nutes but decided to get some that were designed for soil so I could follow the soil schedule and not mess up trying to figure out how to use the hydroponic nutes for soil. I have them in flower now and have had some ups and downs as far as deficiencies and PH but they have settled down and look pretty good for all I have put them through. If it were me I would just spend the money on some soil specific nutrients and save the hydro stuff for growing in that medium. I know you can use them for soil but as a beginner I had enough to worry about besides throwing that into the mix. Hopefully one of the more experienced guys can give you an educated answer as far as the conversion needed to use them for soil but if not just spend the money on the soil specific stuff and enjoy the experience of growing your own plants, it's worth the money in my opinion. Hope it works out well for you.

Hey there, first of all, sun light is different than bulb / led light, so the plant will have huge problems adapting if you directly shift her indoor, usually if you start one way you should keep going that way, but if no other options are avaiable, first of all don't shift her directly in to 12/12, start keeping her for a couple hours under artificial light, and then bring back her oustside in the sun, each passing day increase the time she stays indoor, like:
1st day 2 hours
2nd day 2 hours and half
3d day 3 hours
and so on...
This will help her not stunting her growth.
You can use hydro nutes, just don't go full dose, start with 1/4 and then 1/2.
Having no clue what day she's in it's not a big problem, a plant can be considered mature around 20 - 25 days of growing, just do some maths.

Back
Top Bottom