Light Burn or Iron Def?

Sapphyre

What Strain is it?
- ATF (Alaska Thunder Fuck)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
- Always listed as Sativa Dom... (No Cal unknown Sativa x Russian Ruderalis x Afghani)
How Many Plants?
- This is the only ATF strain I have - mixed room
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
- Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
- I bought this clone from a local breeder/ organic grower (unknown actual/mother age) - have had her ~ 8 weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
- Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
- Soil - Vermafire Organic
If Soil... What Size Pot?
- Just moved to 3 gal (?) low pot, with many holes added to bottom/ sides
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
- Newly under 600w Mh
Is it Air Cooled?
- Hood is vented, room fan died (replaced today) but temps have been good (...except that one morning...95 yikes! for 2 hours or less.... That happened 5 days ago)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
- 75-83
RH of Room/Cabinet?
- varies a little, ~45% avg
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
- last feeding went in @6.4, out @ 6.8
Any Pests?
- no...but the babies recently (first) transplanted into FF soil seem to have brought in hypoaspis mites...which scared me half to death until I figured out that they are good bugs LOL
How Often are you Watering?
- When they need it. She had been around every 3 days in her last, 1 gal pot. Transplanted 5 days ago, hasn't needed anything yet - and she should be getting Phd H2o for a while (VF is a little hot! That is what happened to those other tips- last transplant- but she TOOK OFF w new growth at the same time...so I didn't change soil)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
- Varies by the strain. ATF usually gets 1/2t Uprising, 1/2t Biobizz fish, 1/4t organic myco, Roots Elemental if anything looks off or about every 4th watering, 1/4t - all into 1L of Phd well water.
So, I have good soil, and have been feeding - feeding - plain Phd H2O w/superthrive (3-5 drops concentrate per L) - feeding with Elemental, repeat.
Water at 120ppm before nutes, about 730 after.
Size or Square Footage of Room?
- Small space, well sealed, fresh air inlet comes off a 'y' in my light heat exhaust line. Bench on one side w t5 HO flouro for babies/ clones, 600w Mh on the other side for veg. 18/6, flower is in separate area.

------
So, I know that I broke one of my cardinal rules...
I transplanted and switched lights in the same day...
I finally got my Mh hooked up and my heat under control, and this girl had just exploded in her 1g 'air' pot - with roots showing at all the holes in about 3 weeks! Last re pot was into VF, and she had a little bit of an issue with all of the leaf tips...as you can see...but new growth had stopped showing the bit of burn after a week. Went to 1/2 feeding, then normal routine, and she needed some more room. So...I transplant her, move her, (lights about 3' above the plants since they were coming from the t5 HO flouro) and that night the fan dies... It was about 95 for about 2 hours, got it back and the only ones that really seem to have suffered were the handful of clones I was working on (seedlings all were still happy little campers lol)

Anyway, lights went out, came back on, and all of the tops of all branches are showing this lightening. It has been there for 3 days now, and, I am feeling like I am seeing the larger (slightly older) leaves starting to turn 'normal' from the tips in...like an iron def.

But....she has brand new soil, and has consistently gotten (intermittent) iron in the Elemental supplement...?

Any thoughts?
Does light burn affect ALL of the tops, even the lower branches down lower in the plant?

When you have a plant that shows a def, but does not need to be watered....where do you guys draw the line and water / feed anyway?

Any feedback on an iron supplement (organic only, this is medicine and I'm not growing w synthetics for my patient!) as a foliar feed?

Thank you -so much- in advance for your help :))

Iron def or light burn? - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Back
Top Bottom