Coco Questions

Baremeat

Hey guys and gals,:ciao: been doing a grow 12/12 from seed in soil. Some of you have been reading about this grow. If not, check out the link. It has been a learning experience.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I have taken some flowering clones to use for my next grow. Been talking with FatJoe, he has me wanting to try coco. So far I have gotten a 5 kg block of Cocogro, made by Botanicare, a digital ph meter, and a digital ppm meter. Will be ordering Canna Coco AB and PK this weekend.:clap:

As I said, I have taken some cuttings from the grow that I am doing now and using an aero cloner on them. It has been 7 days and I have one clone that is shooting out roots. Here are the questions that I have::hmmmm:

1. Do I need to wash the coco before I use it? If so, what ph do I need to have the water and how long should I let it soak to get it were I can start using it?

2. How long do the roots need to be before I take them from the cloner and place them into coco?

3. Do I need to add nutes to the clones after I transfer them?

I figure I have about 4-5 weeks left on the grow that I am doing now. Want to get everything in place so I can start the coco as soon as I harvest. Want to try a SCROG with the coco.:grinjoint:

Not sure if this was the place for this thread. Not sure if coco is concidered soil or hydro.:peace:

What exactly is the coco stuff? It looked like a fert to be mixed into the medium to me. What do you mean by washing it?

coco coir is a great medium. To rinse it you use a contaner with small holes in it and wash clean water through the coco. The idea is to wash the salts out of the coco. It comes from coconuts that are floated and grown in coastal areas after all. After rinsing look into the bottom of the container. Bet you see a handful of sand there.lol I just used tap water to rinse mine with. Then when I used it I went with a ph of 6.0 and started with a 1/4 strength dose of nutrients.
Roots that can be seen, can feed. If you can see the roots on the stems then they can be transplanted. Be careful as these roots arev extremely fragile.
Yes you need a 1/4 strength dose. Go slowly. You can easily add more nutes but once you go over board it's hard to bring them back.
Good luck with your grow.

coco coir is a great medium. To rinse it you use a contaner with small holes in it and wash clean water through the coco. The idea is to wash the salts out of the coco. It comes from coconuts that are floated and grown in coastal areas after all. After rinsing look into the bottom of the container. Bet you see a handful of sand there.lol I just used tap water to rinse mine with. Then when I used it I went with a ph of 6.0 and started with a 1/4 strength dose of nutrients.
Roots that can be seen, can feed. If you can see the roots on the stems then they can be transplanted. Be careful as these roots arev extremely fragile.
Yes you need a 1/4 strength dose. Go slowly. You can easily add more nutes but once you go over board it's hard to bring them back.
Good luck with your grow.

Thanks for the info Racefan. My nutes should be here next week. I think I will transplant one clone on over to coco this weekend before the roots start going everywhere. Checked today and the tap root has started growing. I think if I wait for the nutes to transplant I could run into some trouble.

I am pumped about trying coco. From what I have read it seems like it is a great median to grow our favorite ladies in.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Coco tends to absorb calcium.. if you see symptoms in your plants, it may be the coco absorbing the calcium from your nutes... in that case you'll need to throw more calcium at the grow medium so that your plant can get its share. Look for CalMag to supplement.

Back
Top Bottom