Transplanting a hydro clone into soil?

i just took the net bucket and all and put her in soil with no problem.. just be easy on the roots... you'll be fine... i hope that helps ya.. good luck:smokin:

If the clones are already rooted then you can put them directly into the soil with no problems at all.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = => Hi All, I got 6 clones about a month ago (now 5" to 8-9" tall),from a dispensary or two (hydro.) and my problem is that after about a week under a gooseneck lamp (2pm-2am) & gently watered, I started to transplant them into small (but no too small) pots with soil and put under the lamp, and they seemed to be OK with it. A few days ago, I placed them by my balcony sliding glass door . . about 1-2 feet away .. . for afternoon Sun for only 1 hr. then noticed they were fainting or wilting!! I put 'em back under the lamp + watered a little, but they still seem to be drooping with soft or dying lower leaves!! Only 1 is OK with being by the balcony window for Sun. Not sure IF I'm watering them too much or not enough? They are not soggy - moist - and gets a bit dry, too. I added Raw Sugar to the water + fertilizer (1st time for ferts.) to see IF that would help, but they seem to be taking their time to recover and perk up! I don't want to loose them! My first, real time dealing with clones, more or less, as I usually grow from seed . . . successfully! Any Ideas what to do? Someone, BTW, suggested I use the curved CFL bulbs (32W or 120W normal). Help! =Judy=

biggest problem people will face when transplanting from an ez-clone type machine into dirt is they put it in dirt... use some Light Warrior or some thing extremly light like that. A 3" cup with some of that is perfect. It won't have any food, so you need to use more of that ez-clone solution (not the gel), I normally just use the water out of the cloner until I see roots out the bottom of the pots then dump them into my soil mixture. Some people will mix dirt into the light warrior, you can with good results, but keep it extremely lightweight so the roots can expand!

pearlite will lighten up the mix too i usually transplant clones to dirt
by filling new pot 1/2-3/4 full set clone gently on top and shake more media [light shifted dirt mix] over it until the roots are covered
water lightly and shake more until there is loose dirt almost up to the bottommost leaf first couple waterings i fill a kitchen bowl and put the pot in that to water from the bottom until it gets established usualy keep the same lighting the clone hads for a few days to limit new stress to just media change and not light water and media and possible physical trauma all at once...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = => Hi All, I got 6 clones about a month ago (now 5" to 8-9" tall),from a dispensary or two (hydro.) and my problem is that after about a week under a gooseneck lamp (2pm-2am) & gently watered, I started to transplant them into small (but no too small) pots with soil and put under the lamp, and they seemed to be OK with it. A few days ago, I placed them by my balcony sliding glass door . . about 1-2 feet away .. . for afternoon Sun for only 1 hr. then noticed they were fainting or wilting!! I put 'em back under the lamp + watered a little, but they still seem to be drooping with soft or dying lower leaves!! Only 1 is OK with being by the balcony window for Sun. Not sure IF I'm watering them too much or not enough? They are not soggy - moist - and gets a bit dry, too. I added Raw Sugar to the water + fertilizer (1st time for ferts.) to see IF that would help, but they seem to be taking their time to recover and perk up! I don't want to loose them! My first, real time dealing with clones, more or less, as I usually grow from seed . . . successfully! Any Ideas what to do? Someone, BTW, suggested I use the curved CFL bulbs (32W or 120W normal). Help! =Judy=

Its completely normal for your plants to look wilted during mid day when they are outside. its a process called transpiration. Plants do it all the time. Have you ever grown a garden bed of veggies outside and wondered why they were all wilted to the ground around noon? transpiration. You over reacted but you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom