3rd week of flowering(pics)

Insane-wayne

These are my plants at their 3rd week of flowering. I am growing with Cfl's because this is only my first grow(did not want to go all out). How do they look? I do not see any buds at all, my plants have been doing nothing but keep growing vertical. I also do not know if they are males or female, but there are leaves growing on the stem.Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

IMG00032.JPG

IMG00033.JPG

IMG00034.JPG

IMG00035.JPG

You will be able to tell if it's female by looking where the stem branches off for white hairs (pistils). Some of your plants leaves are sagging and others are browning and dying from the tips. What kind of CFLs are you using? What nutrienet/fertilizer are you using? What is your PH level?

you got some nute burn dawg... that or you water them too much, rule of thumb for watering especialy when they are small... water and let the soil get "crunchy" on top and then give it some more... dont water if the top soil is moist to the touch. you might want to switch to 12/12 asap if you dont have alot of room to flower. keep us updated~!

oh about all the browning. The light fell on them LOL. So it looks like nute burn.
livelong420: I am using fox farm ocean forrest. I do not know what the ph is, don't have a ph meter. I am using 2 23 watts and 2 14watts.
aldebaran: Yes i did notice i overwatered them, i am letting the soil dry. They are on 12/12. That was my question, it's the 3rd week and they only grew taller.

I've seen many grows on here explode after they start 12/12. Do not fret! Just as long as you have a proper spectrum for the budding/flowering stages, you're all good.

You mentioned FF ocean forest. That's the soil right? Have any fertilizer you are putting in with the water?

The plant will stretch out during 12/12 quite a bit. You may not have enough light in there to produce any substantial buds. Since you are out of vertical height in there try to tie the stem down. Tie a piece of yarn about 3/4 the way up the main stem and tie the other end to something down below like the rim of the pot. You can bend the stem over this way. Just try not to snap or crease it as you bend it over. This will give you vertical room. Try to upgrade the lights to 100Watt equivalents and a warmer color. Around 3000K. they look hungry from the pail color they are turning down below. I didnt see what you were feeding them?

Thanks
Mcbudz: how many lights do you suggest i put in my grow box?? and thanks for the advice. When you say pale color do you mean the burnt leaves on the plant?

livelong420: yes, that is the soil i am using. I am not giving it any nutes. I did not think i would get this far, and also what are the correct spectrum for veg and flower?? I really just grabbed any cfl's i saw when i started this project.

When McBudz says 3000k, that's the spectrum you want on your lights for the budding/flowering stage. In the 100 equivalents I found, they were the "soft white" at 2700K. The G.E. brand as a red stripe on the side. The ones I found for veg, "daylight" 100 equivalents at 6500K. G.E. has a blue stripe on the side.

DaMangoMan: Thats what i figured. They should have shown thier sex already. As far as light leaks, i thought they were getting complete darkness, but i would have to check my grow box. I am thinking i am going to get rid of the box, and make a closet a grow room. I am not feeding it any nutes, could that be the reason they are not flowering? and also would any kind of nutes work?

LiveLong420: I will deff make a run to homedepot to get the right spectrum. I agree, they are being stubborn, and they are bag seeds, so i dont even know what i am growing.

When McBudz says 3000k, that's the spectrum you want on your lights for the budding/flowering stage. In the 100 equivalents I found, they were the "soft white" at 2700K. The G.E. brand as a red stripe on the side. The ones I found for veg, "daylight" 100 equivalents at 6500K. G.E. has a blue stripe on the side.
Good info but drop the equivelents though. That equivalent number is when compared to a incandescent bulb which we don't use. Just add the actual wattage. I use 65 watt LOA lights that are suppose to be equivalent to a 500 but when adding wattage they are still just 65 watt bulbs.

To the OP, If these aren't showing sex after 21 days of flower and your sure there aren't any light leaks you have some stubborn plants. Hit them with a 36 hour dark period then return to regular 12/12 and see if that kicks them. If that doesn't do it, somethings wrong.

Thanks racefan. My plants have been doing nothin but grow and grow with a few side leaves. I will try the 36 hour dark period in a couple of days if they do not start showing sex. Unless i have a really impossible sativa strain to grow(which i doubt), but i will deff try the 36 hour dark period.

Well my point in putting in the equivalents is, if I was looking for 23w CFLs, I'd still be in the store looking. Let us know how it works out, Insane!

One reason for the plants slow flower response is that they may have been given to much nitrogen when in veg state . then again, they may just be stubborn .

well i did the 36 of darkness period, and when i turned the light back on, i checked on my plants. I noticed that one of them is starting to stink( which i suppose is good). Lets see what happens.

Ok good news. My tallest plant is a female! I see pistils coming out! I think that 36 dark hour period helped induce flowering. Also it is growing out of it's growbox, so i will dedicate a room in my house for growing. I will set it up after christmas( after all my relatives leave my house)

Back
Top Bottom