Coco Grow 4.4KW

humboldtgreen

Hey guys. New to the forum. Just a few things about what I have going. 50 plant OG 4.4KW CoCo Perlite grow. Using Botanicare Liquid Karma, PBPB, CalMag, Hydroplex, Sweet. 14 days in and they are looking good I think. Its my first CoCo grow. If I knew how to post pics on this thread I would. Hint Hint. Let me know how to do it. Got a question about my clones. I just transpanted them into cups into Light Warrior. Will transplanting them after veg into straight coco and perlite hurt anything or am I safe? Let me know what u guys think and how to post pics if u want to see. Would like some input anyway on how they look.:bongrip:
Picture_0581.jpg

Figured out how to post the pics. Thanks. let me know what u think. Day 12 of flowering. Thats this picture. 2 weeks veg.

Your garden is looking beautiful... You are going to have a serious jungle on your hands when you flower those babies.... What kind of lights on temps do you get? Was your mix 50/50 coco/perilite? :goodjob:

Lights on temp is between 74 and 76.5. This is 50/50 about or around. Somewhere close to it at least. Its actually only day 15. My mistake. I am feeding them everyday for 5 days then give them a day off. Flushing with clear ex every 2-3 weeks also so I dont get build up. Do u all know anything about cloning. I have clones in a Light Warrior soiless moss w/perlite. I am curious if it is going to hurt anything when I transplant to veg them in the coco perlite mix? Any ideas. Thanks !!

The little ladies are looking good... As for the clones, I would think you would be fine, but am not absolutely sure. Maybe just try to separate as much of the soil as you can from the roots and transplant. The clones are still fairly young? Keep up the good work.... :yummy::peace:

G E E E E Z E... been in coir for a few years now & brother, let me tell you, themz r som skillzzzzzz! Looks great.

I really like your feed mix as well. I toss in Diamond Nectar vs the Sweet as it chelates & is the precursor for your carbs, just an idea. Bene's (rootshield/RA) love the coir as well. Killer, brah.

About the babies @ xf... if comfortable with the peat/perl, then go for it... it will probably transition better than what I use... STG cubes. the stg & rw both have some issues with watering sched. They tend to dry up faster than I need to feed the plants when young. Just they same, they spread out into the coir real quick & never have a problem with drying out the roots, thuogh the cubes become dry to the touch. Tried cutting in coir/perl mix... the stg are 96-99% for me (dropped to 80% with the coir/perl due to DO), so I jsut switched back.

Looks damn good. Seriously glad to see the coir working out. BTW, I feed x2 per day (recirc) during peak & have completely thrown out bi-weekly flushes. I watch my roff, change every 7-9 days, there is never any build-up in the coir, nor any ppm spikes. I can't see any diff in the plant resp after multp grows. Best brah!@

Thanks for the compliments Gio. So u say u dont get any build up with the coir? I was flushing just to be safe. Maybe I will go a few weeks without. I agree with how these babies look already. After the last couple of soil grows I was thinking its all the coir. I think it is mostly that since I can feed everyday. I am wondering now how much it has to do with the special feeding regime they were on during the first two weeks. The recomended dose for the pbpb for agressive feeding is 45 ml/g. I was giving them 65 - 70ml/g the first two weeks. A friend of mine has done the same in the past and he told me I would be amazed. I am!! Not sure if i would recomend it since I have only done it once now. But will be sure to let everyone know how it all turns out.

I was assuming you were d2w... is this correct?

I run both recirc & some d2w. The d2w never gets a flush. I run a good 35% run-off at each application. I can get away with feed one day w run off, then top-up next day with h2o & no run-off, repeat feed, and so on. The plants grow slower, some hungrier strains manifest def. Daily with 25-35% run-off = fast growth, no build-up, no flush.

BTW, clearex & the like is a big waste of money. Sugar water. If want to "flush" in coir, a 250-300 solution works great, or just plain water. HINT: every time you flush in coir (water only- no nutes), you are essentially throwing your cation balance off within the coir itself. It takes the coir a good day or two to restore it's chemical balance, depending. Just a thought.

Recirc is a bit differenct, but essentially no flush as well- manage my rez & run-offs & top-ups carefully.

I never have any white salt build-up anywhere. Never have spiking ppm's. Imo, it is th enature of the coir + bene's + my nute regiment/program that allow for this, but it is certainly the case. You can likely ditch that step & be fine. Watching the r-off is key though, as with most any grow. Best.

Lights on temp is between 74 and 76.5. This is 50/50 about or around. Somewhere close to it at least. Its actually only day 15. My mistake. I am feeding them everyday for 5 days then give them a day off. Flushing with clear ex every 2-3 weeks also so I dont get build up. Do u all know anything about cloning. I have clones in a Light Warrior soiless moss w/perlite. I am curious if it is going to hurt anything when I transplant to veg them in the coco perlite mix? Any ideas. Thanks !!
The transplants should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom