Industrial HEMP Seminar

Truth Seeker

Industrial HEMP Seminar - Hopkinsville - 2/25/2012 - YouTube

Date: 2/27/12
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
The first ever Christian County Industrial Hemp Seminar was a huge success! I want to personally thank all of our guests, speakers, and volunteers for making this event a great starting point for a new level of education about the cash crop industrial hemp.
Huge thanks are in order for our Agriculture Commissioner James Comer. I know that you are a very busy man, and that you have your work cut out for you in the Ag Department office. I'm grateful that you took time from your growing family to spend your Saturday morning with us. I hope that we can continue to help you with your goals for making Kentucky an agricultural success story.
To Joey Pendleton; your persistence and hard work in Frankfort is starting to pay off. Three years ago you filed legislation to keep the hemp movement going, and since then the coalition between grassroots, legislators, and individuals has come alive like never before. I appreciate everything you've done and thank you for being with us at Saturday's meeting. Craig Lee and William Turner; you two have sparked a fire in me to research the history of hemp in KY as well as to create a new history for the residents of Kentucky. Craig, nobody in the state of KY has worked harder than you have with regards to industrial hemp. Your work has been invaluable and I hope that the next generation of hemp advocates can follow your lead to make your dreams a reality. Thank you both for giving an exciting and informative presentation as well as providing us with the written and living history of hemp farming in KY. Mr. Turner, having a former hemp grower in attendance was a great and exciting surprise! Thank you for everything you've done as our County Historian and can't wait to move on to the next project! I also want to thank our guests who came from out of town to support our vision as well as our city and state officials in attendance. With your help we will make industrial hemp a reality!
We are now ready to take it to the big leagues. Our next seminar will be in Lexington at the Red Mile in April. Please stay tuned for updates on this seminar, as well as a specific date and time. And don't forget to check out Kentuckyhempcoalition.com for all the hottest news about the hemp movement in Kentucky. Sincerely,
Katie L Moyer
Chair: Kentucky Hemp Coalition

Back
Top Bottom