Israel: Technion To Open First Course In Medical Cannabis

Jacob Redmond

The Technion — Israel Institute of Technology is planning to open a new course on medical cannabis in January.
The list of instructors for the course includes Yair Geller, director general of the Israel Anti-Drug Authority, who is embroiled in the Yisrael Beiteinu corruption scandal. Police recommended last month that charges be filed against him.

According to the Technion website, the course is geared toward entrepreneurs, doctors, investors and researchers. "This is the first comprehensive program in Israel for the general public in the field of medical cannabis, surveying the field from a wide range of angles by a long list of lecturers noted in their fields," the website states.

Subjects include the historical background of cannabis, the legal and political background, the medical aspect, the business aspect and a section on agriculture. Another chapter looks at the practical side, such as how to work with cannabis farms and production processes.*edit*

16550.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Technion To Open First Course In Medical Cannabis
Author: Noa Shpigel and Ido Efrati
Photo Credit: Daniel Tchetchik

Hey, is't this along the same lines as what Richard Lee did in Oaksterdam? And hasn't it been an awesome thing how they turned that community around and made it the wonderful place it is today from what it once was?

Just thinking outside the box here...I think another approach to this needs to be for a group of these "instructors" to go around to places where new, barely functional medical Cannabis laws have been introduced and that are still in their infancy and give lawmakers and law enforcement a good education on the benefits of Cannabis as an effort to smooth over concerns and skepticism. Places like here in Georgia and Florida and many other states that are still struggling with the idea and that are having trouble understanding how it all works when treating people properly with Cannabis. I can't help but believe that if the people in the know were to set up some kind of, IDK? Call it a "traveling work shop"? and get people with power in these places to come and actually learn something about it, the transition will go much smoother when they begin they're decision making process about medical Cannabis. Just a thought...?

Hey, is't this along the same lines as what Richard Lee did in Oaksterdam? And hasn't it been an awesome thing how they turned that community around and made it the wonderful place it is today from what it once was?

Just thinking outside the box here...I think another approach to this needs to be for a group of these "instructors" to go around to places where new, barely functional medical Cannabis laws have been introduced and that are still in their infancy and give lawmakers and law enforcement a good education on the benefits of Cannabis as an effort to smooth over concerns and skepticism. Places like here in Georgia and Florida and many other states that are still struggling with the idea and that are having trouble understanding how it all works when treating people properly with Cannabis. I can't help but believe that if the people in the know were to set up some kind of, IDK? Call it a "traveling work shop"? and get people with power in these places to come and actually learn something about it, the transition will go much smoother when they begin they're decision making process about medical Cannabis. Just a thought...?

Technion is the oldest and one of the most respected Public (i.e. mostly government financed) Research Universities in Israel. They have multiple locations, an associated research hospital, nobel laureates on staff, etc.

Technion is more like the Israeli version of MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, than Oaksterdam.

They are training the future captains of industry, politics, and technology about the value of cannabis while still in University.

This is a LARGE and very public step in Israel's commitment to Cannabis. :thumb:

I was raised in Oakland (graduated High School in the 70s.)

Oaksterdam and Harborside Health are in Oakland because Oakland wanted them, more than because they changed the attitudes of Oakland.

For exampe, within a month after the medical marijuana laws, Alameda County came to the Oakland based orchid club and asked for volunteers to help them setup and maintain a greenhouse, financed by the county, to grow medical marijuana. My dad was at that meeting and said he guessed they figured Orchid growers knew how to grow good flowers and baby their plants. The man who ended up growing for them was already had several greenhouses full of orchids.

Later on the feds raided the Alameda County grow up and the orchid grower was sentenced. I thought my dad ws going to have a heart attack when they wouldn't let him into court to testify about the meeting.

P.S. 420 Warrior - no offense. It sounded like I was trying to school you, but I'm just being passionate. You have my respect.

P.S. 420 Warrior - no offense. It sounded like I was trying to school you, but I'm just being passionate. You have my respect.

Hey brother, no offense at all my friend, I will always take constructive criticism and see it as knowledge gained, as we ALL should do. There is not one single person here that knows everything about everything and we all need to feed off of one another so we can see things from all sides, that's why we're all here brother, to learn as well as educate, it's a beautiful set up in my opinion, learn, teach, learn some more and pass it on again.

Hell brother, what do I really know about Oaksterdam anyway, after all, they're on the complete other side of the country from me, all I know is what I've read and seen in documentaries, I've never had the pleasure of going out there myself and seeing it first hand, in fact I've never in my life gotten to go into a dispensary or a professional grow-op or any of the things that people in legalized MMJ states get to see on a day to day basis, but I can honestly say that if/when I ever do, I'll damn well know more than most people from Georgia who visit will ever know about the Cannabis world and that's a fact...Why? because I've been been coming here for many years now and learning and talking to some of the most beautiful people in the world about our beloved Cannabis plant...I've done my homework, believe dat!

Mad respect to you as well my brother :high-five::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom