Panel Rejects Growth Of Medical Marijuana In Georgia

Jacob Redmond

A panel appointed by Gov. Nathan Deal has voted to reject the growth of medical marijuana in Georgia.

The Telegraph reports that the Georgia Commission on Medical Cannabis decided Wednesday to reject the plant's growth within the state. The panel was created by a law passed this session allowing people with certain medical conditions to legally possess cannabis oil in-state with their doctors' approval.

Commission members include the law's sponsor, Republican state Rep. Allen Peake of Macon, along with representatives from medicine and law enforcement.

Deal has said he will not support in-state cultivation of cannabis because he is not convinced that the state can adequately control the plants and products.

The commission's report will be finalized and published in the coming weeks. Its recommendations are not binding.

081415-medical-marijuana-cc2.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Panel Rejects Growth Of Medical Marijuana In Georgia
Author: The Associated Press
Photo Credit: Curtis Compton

Here we go again Georgia, due to lack of support and standing by doing nothing is getting us nowhere once again. And people wonder why I get so frustrated and passionate? Hmmm, I can't imagine what would make me feel that way?
:rolleyes3

Nathan Deal "has said he will not support in-state cultivation of cannabis because he is not convinced that the state can adequately control the plants and products."

That is a stupid argument. Georgia can't control the plants and products in the state now, and they never have.

Is he claiming it would be HARDER to control cannabis that start in their own hands than it is to control cannabis they have never seen? A stupid argument.

-- Yep 420 warrior, I can understand the frustration.

That is a stupid argument. Georgia can't control the plants and products in the state now, and they never have.

Is he claiming it would be HARDER to control cannabis that start in their own hands than it is to control cannabis they have never seen? A stupid argument.

-- Yep 420 warrior, I can understand the frustration.

Such an argument is a sign of impaired cognitive function. This guy really needs some cannabis to improve his
thought processes.

Yea, I've still got some killer beans left over from back when I used to grow and I'd be more than happy to learn how to become a professional grower here in Georgia and show em' how easy it is, it's not rocket science, it's just a matter of growing plants, all you really need is good equipment as well a green thumb and I certainly have one of those.

I really don't understand where their coming up with this crap, "can't control plants and products"? Ummm...? Less we not forget that there are 4 states (with more on the way) and our nations capital completely legalized as well as many other MMJ states that are doing just fine with "controlling" Cannabis as we speak and you mean to tell us that you can't figure out how to go about doing something as simple as letting plants grow and getting medicine to suffering people? it's just baffling...what a big steaming crock of (Fill in the blank)!!!

Now do y'all see where all my passion is derived from? Can y'all feel my pain and why I get so worked up and into what I write when I come here? Why I'm always wanting people to become passionate Cannabis activists and screaming it from the mountain tops in one big loud voice? I know good and well I can't be the only person here in Georgia that really want's change, can I? Really, what can one person do all by themselves in a large state full of stubborn people? Any advice guys? I'm all ears.

I'll never be the guy to want bad things to happen to anyone so don't take this the wrong way but I'd bet Nathan Deal would change his tune real quick if it were himself or one of his loved ones that were needing this medicine and were suffering without it, he'd be all over it wanting to know "where do I sign?" He'd be the one out here screaming it from the mountain top then. You can damn well believe he'll be getting more letters from me now for sure! I just wish I had some help and more Georgian's on board with me.

I'd bet Nathan Deal would change his tune real quick if it were himself or one of his loved ones that were needing this medicine and were suffering without it, he'd be all over it wanting to know "where do I sign?" He'd be the one out here screaming it from the mountain top then.

I do believe you are correct 420 Warrior.

Not to get all party based political,but this is one of the common traits of more conservative politicians world-wide: they don't seem to have the empathy to consider how another person feels in a bad situation, they are emotionally and mentally unable to walk a mile in another persons shoes, the type of imagination they have doesn't allow them to picture a reality outside their own. This is one of the reasons they are so resistant to change, they can't picture the different world that change would create. This is one of the reasons you don't find a lot of college professors that are conservative, they can't picture the positive change they can make in a young person's life and they can't relate to the visions of the future in a young college students mind. Obviously some college professors are there to show young people 'this is how it is done. Learn it.' but they tend towards business, politics, medicine and finance and leave the rest of the campus to professors with more fluid ideas.

Obviously I went off on a tangent there - but it helps to explain why conservatives in all political parties tend towards Gerrymandering, obstructive politics and touting the same old slogans year after year - they quite literally don't percieve the situation from any position but their own. This is also why you can never use facts or appeals to compassion to convince them to change their ways. The only compassion they really feel is for themselves and, sometimes, their immediate family.

If you asked for my advice, I would tell you,
'Don't waste your time trying to convert a conservative person. No scientific study of cannabis or demonstration of suffering and relief will convince them. They will only ignore and frustrate you. It is the young, those who learned the truth about Marijuana while young, and those who are life-long, bleeding-heart liberals who will support a repeal of Marijuana laws. You need the Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren supporters to force change upon the perpetually resistant. As ignorant as many of them are, as resistant to voting and self-centered as many of them are, it is the "Hope and Change" crowd that will bring change to the USA and the various states. '

If you asked for my advice, I would tell you,
'Don't waste your time trying to convert a conservative person. No scientific study of cannabis or demonstration of suffering and relief will convince them. They will only ignore and frustrate you.

As much as I agree with the rest of your post, I vehemently disagree with this part. My parents are both hardcore republican conservatives. My father has never smoked a cigarette or experimented with anything. All it took for him was to read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". Now he supports medical marijuana, the hemp industry, and tolerates recreational marijuana. My mother was a bit more adventurous but had decided that anything the govt. says is bad, must be. All it took to convince her otherwise was a few news articles about MMJ and then a few bong hits when she had a medical emergency (all better now).

Never give up. Just because they are misinformed doesn't make them incapable of change.

As much as I agree with the rest of your post, I vehemently disagree with this part. My parents are both hardcore republican conservatives. My father has never smoked a cigarette or experimented with anything. All it took for him was to read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". Now he supports medical marijuana, the hemp industry, and tolerates recreational marijuana. My mother was a bit more adventurous but had decided that anything the govt. says is bad, must be. All it took to convince her otherwise was a few news articles about MMJ and then a few bong hits when she had a medical emergency (all better now).

Never give up. Just because they are misinformed doesn't make them incapable of change.

Consider me schooled by your parents example.

Never giving up here brother, I'll be here fighting for Cannabis and civil rights till my dying breath and that's coming from a guy that lives in one of the most conservative states in the country.
:high-five: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom