Madsen's Cannabis Bill Is The Best

Robert Celt

As parent of a child with epilepsy, I have been following the Legislature's cannabis bills closely. While I commend Rep. Brad Daw and Sen. Evan Vickers for their interest and their bill, I feel Sen. Mark Madsen is closer to hitting the bulls-eye.

Plenty of studies show cannabis works better as a whole plant. Madsen's bill, Senate Bill 73, tightly regulates "whole plant" medical cannabis, so the nightmares touted by recent op-ed pieces are not likely to happen. SB73 doesn't legalize smoking cannabis or growing your own. It regulates growing locations to prevent growing in residential zones. It's for medical purposes under a doctor's supervision, not for recreational purposes. I doubt any doctor would jeopardize their license by allowing cavalier use of cannabis under their direction.

We currently use CBD legally with a Utah Hemp registry card, but we're still seeing seizures; and no seizure is a good one. We tried a CBD-THC combo while in Colorado, and our child went seizure-free for the first time in years. Call it anecdotal, but it's a huge thing for us. Thousands of other patients could benefit from SB73, compared to hundreds from the other bill. And a recent Dan Jones poll showed 61 percent of Utahns favor the legalization of medical cannabis.

I hope Utah's legislators show they are truly representing the desire of the people, and pass SB73.

Cannabis_bloom.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Madsen's Cannabis Bill Is The Best
Author: Doug Rice
Photo Credit: Associated Press

Back
Top Bottom