Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells Without Harming Healthy Ones

Christine Green

Recent cannabis research studies reveal it to be a potential drug to be used in cancer therapy.

Germany - All known chemotherapeutic agents damage rapidly growing tissue, so that it comes to the known side effects such as hair loss, nausea, damage to the blood forming, etc. The cannabinoids Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), the main ingredients of the cannabis plant, spare healthy cells and act specifically against cancer cells.

Although there is evidence of a cancer inhibition by cannabis was already known since the 90s – cannabis smokers had significantly less lung cancer than would have been expected of the pollutants in the flue – the potential to combat cancer was discovered only in recent years. Now there is intensive research worldwide on cannabis and cancer treatment.

Recent studies see great potential of cannabis in cancer therapy.

”What is special about cannabinoids in cancer treatment is their capacity to only induce programmed cell death (apoptosis) in cancer cells, but not in healthy cells,” explains Dr. Franjo Grotenhermen, chairman of Medical Cannabis Declaration. “This makes cannabinoids unique and fundamentally different from standard chemotherapeutics which can cause severe side effects by harming healthy cells.”

A few weeks ago, a special issue on cannabis in cancer therapy, entitled: “Use of Cannabinoids in Cancer Care” was published the journal “Current Oncology”. This most comprehensive document shows the many facets of THC and CBD in cancer treatment.

The working group of Burkhard Hinz of the University of Rostock has presented in April 2016 a summary study how cannabinoids attack cancer cells. The article titled “Antitumorigenic targets of cannabinoids – current status and implications” was published in the journal Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets. Looking ahead, the authors wrote: “Considering the remarkable safety profile of cannabinoid compounds, in particular that of CBD, introduction of cannabinoid compounds may serve as a considerable tool cancer patients would benefit from.”

Another journal article, also from this year, will show how intense currently the subject of cannabinoids and cancer is investigated. Entitled “Anticancer mechanisms of cannabinoids” published by Guillermo Velasco and colleagues from the University of Madrid. In summary they said: “To summarize, cannabinoids induce tumour cell death and inhibit tumour angiogenesis and invasion in animal models of cancer, and there are indications that they act similarly in patients with glioblastoma. Given that cannabinoids show an acceptable safety profile, clinical trials testing them as single drugs or, ideally, in combination therapies in glioblastoma and other types of cancer are both warranted and urgently needed. “

Two different mechanisms seem to play a special role in the inhibition of tumor growth by cannabinoids; programmed cell death (apoptosis) and inhibition of new blood vessel formation (angiogenesis). Both effects are probably caused by the docking of cannabinoids bind to cannabinoid receptors. Other effects that scientists and scholars have seen include an inhibition of cell division, reduced metastasis and lower spread into nearby tissues and disorders of the waste management of cancer cells, which can lead to cell death.

medical-plant.jpg

News Moderator: Christine Green 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells without Harming Healthy Ones
Author: Miriam Taylor

Back in the 70's the Nixon administration had a study done to prove that cannabis causes cancer. Low and behold, it show that it killed cancer. The study was squashed and buried for years. Just like Dr. Raphael Mechoulam found that CBD treated epilepsy in the early 60's. My brother was born in 61 and had epilepsy his hold life The best he ever got to was a seizure every 3 weeks. The worst 15-20 a day. My parents tried every drug including some they had to order from over seas. Who knows if this would have helped. Damn prohibition!!! :peace:

It's really sad. I am sorry your brother had to suffer all of those years.

Thank you Christine!!:circle-of-love: He had 4 brain tumors through out his life. The first one was when he was 10 months old and was the size of a man's fist. He wasn't expected to live 3 days, and he lived 22 years and was very active until the last tumor at 22. That one left him parallelized on one side and he never really recovered from that one. The cannabis would not have cured him (He had a genetic disoder NF) but it would have made his seizures more manageable I am sure!!! :thanks::peace:

I'm currently using Rick Simpson Oil, in conjunction with my urologist, to cure my prostate cancer. I felt that since the cancer was non-aggressive, and has a very low chance of metastasizing, it would be a perfect case to prove Rick's protocol, and my urologist was hooked. I told him I was logging every dose, and that I'd share my data with him. I'll be getting my blood drawn tomorrow for a PSA test, since I'm just a little over half way through the protocol.

The only unexpected things were the side effects... arthritis pain, hands, elbows... gone! I'm also more motivated, so I think it may be stimulating my thyroid as well... I've been hypothyroid for years. I get a good night's sleep every night, and feel great when I wake up.

It's been shown that people can ingest large doses (1 - 2 grams/day), with no ill effects. If you work up to it, you will be amazed to find you can eat 500 mg of RSO in the morning, and feel great, with no intoxication, then ingest another 500 mg at bedtime, and go to sleep. I theorize that anybody who has a disease which responds in any manner to cannabinoids, or autoimmune issue could easily start with ingesting small doses, and keep raising the dosage to a gram, until all the symptoms were done, then reduce dosage over time to find the right dosage for your particular issues. This is a theory only... I've seen the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components work, and they're very effective in HUGE doses.

I'm currently using Rick Simpson Oil, in conjunction with my urologist, to cure my prostate cancer. I felt that since the cancer was non-aggressive, and has a very low chance of metastasizing, it would be a perfect case to prove Rick's protocol, and my urologist was hooked. I told him I was logging every dose, and that I'd share my data with him. I'll be getting my blood drawn tomorrow for a PSA test, since I'm just a little over half way through the protocol.

The only unexpected things were the side effects... arthritis pain, hands, elbows... gone! I'm also more motivated, so I think it may be stimulating my thyroid as well... I've been hypothyroid for years. I get a good night's sleep every night, and feel great when I wake up.

It's been shown that people can ingest large doses (1 - 2 grams/day), with no ill effects. If you work up to it, you will be amazed to find you can eat 500 mg of RSO in the morning, and feel great, with no intoxication, then ingest another 500 mg at bedtime, and go to sleep. I theorize that anybody who has a disease which responds in any manner to cannabinoids, or autoimmune issue could easily start with ingesting small doses, and keep raising the dosage to a gram, until all the symptoms were done, then reduce dosage over time to find the right dosage for your particular issues. This is a theory only... I've seen the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components work, and they're very effective in HUGE doses.

Welcome Hardy and good luck with the test tomorrow. There is a group of us that are working with CCO. SweetSue's Concentrated Cannabis Oil Study HallSweetSue's Concentrated Cannabis Oil Study Hall is a great place to start. Sue has been compiling info on cannabis oil and treating with it. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom