NJ: Father, Son Grew 29 Marijuana Plants In Backyard, Cops Say

Ron Strider

A 63-year-old man and his adult son were caught Thursday growing 29 marijuana plants in their Manchester backyard, authorities said.

After getting a tip, cops obtained a search warrant and found the plants during an early-morning raid of the home on Weldon Road in the Holly Oaks section of town, Manchester police said Friday morning. Each of the plants on the property were 5 to 6 feet tall, officials said.

Police also seized an additional 1.6 pounds of marijuana from inside the house as well as a quantity of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Manchester police and the Ocean County SWAT team also found hypodermic syringes, a stun gun and a .22 caliber revolver.

Michael Ponsiek, 37, and his father Richard Ponsiek were arrested and charged with a slew of possession and distribution offenses. Michael was also charged with possession of a stun gun while Richard also faces a possession of prohibited weapons count.

Flower_-_Bill_Helm.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Father, son grew 29 marijuana plants in backyard, cops say | NJ.com
Author: Jeff Goldman
Contact: Contact Us information, user services and more on NJ.com | NJ.com Community -
Photo Credit: Bill Helm
Website: New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NJ.com

Fuckbags! I'm from NJ and let me tell you having the weed is one thing ok!!! But crack? Syringes? Guns&Crack don't mix like 2 dicks and no chicks!!! It just shouldn't be!!!This is what gives us a bad name and looked at like we are drug is when we medicate to feel healthy and these guys are growing weed to sell it to get some crack and more then likely theres a slew of other opiates and pills running around that house!! I'd bet my life on it!!! They are not cannabis users they are drug addicts who use the cannabis as tender to support their drug habbits!!! These people are why we can not get the proper funding and legalization and testing of this amazing magical plant! This is only 1 of the problems that's stopping full legalization!!!!

Back
Top Bottom